• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

CAA Tournament Records

Since we all agree that the season is only 3 games in March, I went and looked at coaches records in it throughout the years. There are some coaches with obvious small sample sizes

** Teams still in/joined CAA  Half Seasons did not count in.  From 2005 onward**

+ Indicates Fired

* Indicates Active

$ Indicates Left for Another Job 

@ Indicates # of Championships

Charleston- Earl Grant @ 8-5  .615  Doug Wojick + 0-1 .000

Delaware- Martin Inglesby 4-4  .500,  Monte Ross + 7-9  .437

Drexel- Zach Spiker 2-4 .333,  "Bruiser" Flint + 7-16  .304

Elon- Mike Schrage 2-1 .666  Matt Matheny + 1-5  .200

Hofstra- Joe Mihalich 9-6 .600 @   Mo Cassara + 1-3 .333   Tom Pecora $ 5-6  .454

JMU- Louis Rowe + 2-4  .333    Matt Brady +@  5-7 .416

UNCW- CB McGrath + 2-2 .500  Kevin "Cheats" Keatts @@$  7-1  .875  Buzz Peterson + 1-3  .250  Benny Moss + 1-3  .250  

NE- Bill Coen @@  19-12 .613

Towson- Pat Skerry- 2-8 .200  Pat Kennedy+ 5-7 .416

WM- Dane Fischer 0-1 .000  Tony Shaver+ 14-15  .482

I’m impressed with the thoroughness of your research.  So, from 2005, PS is tied with Matheny (who’s only W was vs PS) for the worst record?

Yikes 

44 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’m impressed with the thoroughness of your research.  So, from 2005, PS is tied with Matheny (who’s only W was vs PS) for the worst record?

Yikes 

People don't want to hear it, but...

Also, feel awful for all of the players looking forward to the NCAA Tournament and the Hofstra team. Just brutal for them. 

I feel bad for the Hofstra kids. Never thought I’d say this, but I’m kinda glad we didn’t win the tournament this year.  Would have been the ultimate irony that we finally make it, then the tournament gets canceled. I it would have been nice for our kids to have won the conference tournament & it could have been a boost for recruiting, but still ...

• Like 2