• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Spring Athletics Suspended

Glad we didn't "make it back" to March Madness for the first time in three decades, since there would have been no reward for winning the CAA. (Poor Hofstra -- they finally get over the hump ... and nothing.)

I feel particularly bad for the seniors on Hofstra, and other teams that would have gone dancing. Those kids stayed around the entire 4, or in some cases, 5 years, and now this. Talk about a game changer, no pun intended 

I'm sure the men's lacrosse team is very happy about the news that the season is over. Put them outta their misery instead of dragging it out any longer

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

I'm sure the men's lacrosse team is very happy about the news that the season is over. Put them outta their misery instead of dragging it out any longer

Except that they finished the season winless. Though the way they were playing, they probably wouldn't have won a game. Duke and Denver next. Big Ls. Hofstra to open the conference season. I'm sure the coaches have mixed feelings about losing the season. Then of course, you have to wonder what happens over at Hopkins. Do they not renew Petro's contract? Then what happens if he's gone.

Would Nads be on JHU's radar? He's had some lows to go along with his highs here. I suspect the powers that be at Hopkins would make a strong pitch for someone with a track record at a top-tier program. 

I assume Nads would be on their radar, but the way the season ended or barely started, I don't think they can let go of Petro, but his contract did end. If I'm Nads, I would hate to leave on an 0-6 note and then go to a program that is on the decline because kids just don't care (unless for academics) about Hopkins as a huge lax school. Then you you get the D3 vibe everywhere else and it's a tougher sell now.