• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Best Movies, Series to Watch

It's going to be a long spring and maybe summer without sports and current movies. So any current shows or movies to watch on Netflix, HBO, Showtime, Hulu, Amazon, etc.? Flosports?

I just started watching Succession. Pretty good series on HBO into it's second season. If you like Billions meets a dysfunctional family. It might hit the spot. Or you could go back to watching your favorite series of the past.

If you haven’t watched the wire on HBO as a Baltimore guy you absolutely need to! It’s 5 seasons, each episode is an hour each so it’ll eat up some of your quarantine time. Each season shows the different power systems in the city and how they are intertwined: the drug kingpins, the portsman, the schools, the government/police, and the journalist/politicians. 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:55 AM, Blounge said:

If you haven’t watched the wire on HBO as a Baltimore guy you absolutely need to! It’s 5 seasons, each episode is an hour each so it’ll eat up some of your quarantine time. Each season shows the different power systems in the city and how they are intertwined: the drug kingpins, the portsman, the schools, the government/police, and the journalist/politicians. 

If you like the wire try watching “The Chi”.

Ok, finished The Wire. Very good. Slight overrated. Didn't love the McNulty character. Sort of typical Irish cop that drank and whored all the time and no real Bawlmer accent (I know he's English). The acting was great and some nice cameos. Thought the guys who played the drug dealers (including Idris Elba) and the kids on the street (including Michael B. Jordan) were more interesting than the cops. I guess now I can see why Jason Garret's wife didn't want her husband to take the job (lol). 

Trying to get into Veep. Pretty funny if you like political satire. It's no Curb, but it's one of those things that grows on you. Tony Hale plays a slightly smarter version of Buster from Arrested Development. BTW, if you need a laugh, any version of Curb Your Enthusiasm and the first few seasons of Arrested Development are worth checking out.

I don't want to check out Peaky Blinder. Saw the first few episodes and they were good, but tough to understand due to the English dialect. However, I have my closed caption working and just realized that Aiden Gillen is in that. Won't say his role in The Wire to spoil it, but he played a politician and was Little Finger in GOT. I'm sure most saw GOT, which is great. As is The Americans, which I think you can watch on Hulu now.