• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Cam Allen commits to Towson

Grad student with one year left. Good three-point shooter (39.7%). A stocky 6-0, 185 or so. Good defender. Pretty athletic and can get to the tin off the bounce. Might not be done with transfers. Averaged around 8ppg in 19.5mpg. 

He put up decent numbers vs some good mid-major competition, scoring in the teens vs N. Iowa, S.F., Sam Houston & Montana State

I think he's for the old-timers, a bit like Vinnie Johnson. He was called the microwave because he could heat up off the bench. It's not impossible that he could start with Gibby.

So as of right now, we're looking at a pretty deep and versatile team. Guessing the freshmen won't play much.

PG Gibson, Dottin, Barnes

SG Timberlake, Allen

SF Betrand, Mims, D. Jones

PF Gray, Solly, Biekeu

C Victor. CT

My guess is the bench rotation would be CT, Solly or Biekeu, Allen, Dottin and Miims. So you are basically playing 10. Of course, that's assuming no injuries. 

Intrigued by the potential. So many newcomers-Barnes, Allen, Mims, D. Jones, Biekeu, Victor U & you might as well count Solomon U as a newcomer, given that he didn’t play last season. That’s 7 newcomers 

17 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Intrigued by the potential. So many newcomers-Barnes, Allen, Mims, D. Jones, Biekeu, Victor U & you might as well count Solomon U as a newcomer, given that he didn’t play last season. That’s 7 newcomers 

Solly needs to be healthy. That's the concern about him. If he's a bit off, then Biekeu could push him for time. Personally, I want a power forward who can shoot. In fact, I think we have so many guards we, can go Allen, Gibson, Dottin/AB, Mims, CT/Victor. Four guards, spread it out. It worked for Hofstra, but of course, they had Buie and Pemberton. Two stars. Right now, that's what we're missing. A star.

Now, I don't want to sound like Debbie Downer, because it's easy in a climate like this. I think Mims is the key. He has star potential and elite athleticism. He was a 3* coming out of HS.  St. John's and VCU offered him for a reason.

• Like 1

I agree that a star player, in the vein of a Buie, Darling, or Riller, is what we, & every other team for that matter, need. But barring something unforeseen, this is the roster we’re going forward with for the 20-21 season. Hopefully, there will be enough good players to compensate for not having 1 great player 

Edited by TSU88

I wonder if Darling is returning. He's a Canadian kid and there have been whispers that he's thinking about turning pro. Or playing pro somewhere.

15 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I agree that a star player, in the vein of a Buie, Darling, or Riller, is what we, & every other team for that matter, need. But barring something unforeseen, this is the roster we’re going forward with for the 20-21 season. Hopefully, there will be enough good players to compensate for not having 1 great player 

Tough to have a star and someone score 18-22 points in our system and with our coach. He is a depth coach, and most players aren't going to have a ton of minutes.  Besides Benimon, I'm not sure we have had a player in the top 10 in minutes played.  Depth is great when injuries and foul trouble pop up... but there's still 1 ball and 200 minutes someones going to be upset with their PT.