• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Chris Datres

OFFICIAL CELEBRATION THREAD - TOWSON 70, GEORGIA SOUTHERN 67

GULF COAST SHOWCASE CHAMPIONS

Not sure how silly I looked in the Salt Lake airport bouncing around listening to the last 6 minutes but who cares.  We’re bringing home some hardware.  Resilient effort down the stretch.  Didn’t totally wilt after the 13-0 run.  Still some loose ends with free throw shooting and dumb defense (Zane) but let’s bask in this one and hopefully close wins like this one and last nite become great building blocks. 

• Like 2

Definitely wasn't sure we'd come back down 4 with under 5 minutes left. Thre's no reason we can't with four seniors playing. Just have to play smarter. Can't foul a guy shooting 3 when you're up 5 or 6 late in the game. Have to make FTs. But I thought Starr was the difference. His 3 and his righty drive was huge. Has been very good outside of the ODU game. Morman was great in first half. Won it with two bad shooting nights from Zane. Also seemed to crumble some at the line late in games. Everybody has bad shooting nights but you can't let affect you from the line.

But this team really digs down deep. They are gritty. So tough even though we are undersized this season, esp. when THomas goes out. I think EK really epitomizes our team. Not pretty but very tough. Physical, Not intimidated by taller guys. He's a glue guy. 

• Like 1

Shades of Don Stanhouse!.. "Not pretty, but gritty!" Winning this little tournament is arguably the biggest leap forward since the win over Louisville, IMO. A foundation block was laid tonight for building up to a return to The Dance, which we were last in way back in '91. True about there being some faulty aspects to this team that need 2B addressed. But I'm very proud of this team, and pleased w what Skerry's done in (?) 6 years. Happy for the players who are obviously busting their butts to have improved so much.