• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TUvet

Will Nads take the Hopkins job?

With Dave Pietramala being fired today at Hopkins it opens things up for Nadelen to be in position to be the front runner for the job he has long coveted.  His wife could still teach at TU, he would get a substantial pay increase and he would be able to recruit top 50 talent. He is clearly the favorite among most Hopkins alumni. 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Don’t follow lacrosse, but his resume speaks for itself. Why would they let a coach that wins and wins national titles go???

Has struggled lately. It's also getting tougher to win there. Their fans expect at least Final Four every year and that's not possible. Too many good lax players around and they all don't want to got to a D1 lax team from a D3 program.

1 hour ago, TUvet said:

With Dave Pietramala being fired today at Hopkins it opens things up for Nadelen to be in position to be the front runner for the job he has long coveted.  His wife could still teach at TU, he would get a substantial pay increase and he would be able to recruit top 50 talent. He is clearly the favorite among most Hopkins alumni. 

Personally hope he doesn't leave, but it's his school. There's a reason I put that story up because I dreaded the day that Petro would leave.

Could he win there? Of course. They need a younger and maybe less bombastic figure leading them. They already lost Cole Williams so I'm sure others would leave. I also think he could win a title at Towson. Would like to see the recruiting turned up a notch and still waiting for the results of the Final Four recruits. But we'll survive if he leaves. Not like he was leaving on a good note.

Let's also remember that when Carl Runk was let go after the 1999 season, Tony Seaman took over. He was fired by Johns Hopkins after eight successful seasons, but he never won the big one. Hmmm. 

I don't want Nadelen to leave as well. He runs a first class program.  Hopkins the expectations are that of final four or bust. At Towson the expectations are realistic. I am hearing from some of Hopkins friends they also like Greg Raymond from Princeton and Marr from Albany.

Matt I saw your comment about Petro being bombastic on the sidelines. That is true but I would say if Nads did leave I would still be in favor of hiring Petro at Towson.  You know Bill Belichick and Paul Rabil will be the first recommending him.

16 minutes ago, TUvet said:

I don't want Nadelen to leave as well. He runs a first class program.  Hopkins the expectations are that of final four or bust. At Towson the expectations are realistic. I am hearing from some of Hopkins friends they also like Greg Raymond from Princeton and Marr from Albany.

Matt I saw your comment about Petro being bombastic on the sidelines. That is true but I would say if Nads did leave I would still be in favor of hiring Petro at Towson.  You know Bill Belichick and Paul Rabil will be the first recommending him.

Tony Seaman was a raving lunatic at times towards officials and a great guy. I just don't know if Petro's style can rub people wrong, especially nowadays, but there's no doubt that even though he hasn't won a title since 2007, he's still a Giant in the game. If Nads left and he wanted the Towson job, that would be great. Less pressure on Petro. Sure, Bill maybe checking out a few games wouldn't hurt and all of his recruiting connections would be great. My only concern is his health. I know he's had some serious back issues. I guess Lax money isn't enough where you can just sit out a year, because it looks like he could use a rest. The guy has been doing nothing but coaching for 22 years. 

I've heard about 10 different things the last week or so. Latest on the message boards is that a wild card has entered the fray and Hop may go there. Next thing, they'll turn back to Tony Seaman. Ok, maybe not, but this thing is nuts and Hop is well, not what who they think they were.

• Like 1