• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BoogerJ

New Conference In The Works

This has been in the works for awhile in terms of the non-Power 5 teams getting together, maybe with fewer scholarships in FBS. I just don't see anything happening until the pandemic is slowed down, but I definitely see that ODU has to make a move. They have to get out of C-USA. I don't want to see the CAA get torched, but TL has to follow this and not get left out.

Glad it's getting out there and the media has finally stumbled on this.

Since we’re just spitballing, how about an all MD basketball conference, consisting of TU, Loyola, UMBC, Coppin, Morgan, UMES, Mt. St. Mary’s & Navy? Not a plane trip for the entire conference season. Of course, Navy could go their own way as to football, while us and Morgan would also have to make separate football arrangements.  

Other potential (non-MD) basketball members of the no-airplane conference could include DE, Del State, American, GW, Howard, Drexel, and George Mason 

Edited by TSU88

Come to think of it, DC/VA could have a really nice basketball conference: G’town, GW, American, Howard, W&M, VCU, ODU, Richmond, Mason, JMU, Hampton & Liberty.  No airplane ✈️ trips there 

Edited by TSU88

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

add VCU if possible

They won’t join a football conference that’s a step down in hoops...

5 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Since we’re just spitballing, how about an all MD basketball conference, consisting of TU, Loyola, UMBC, Coppin, Morgan, UMES, Mt. St. Mary’s & Navy? Not a plane trip for the entire conference season. Of course, Navy could go their own way as to football, while us and Morgan would also have to make separate football arrangements.  

Other potential (non-MD) basketball members of the no-airplane conference could include DE, Del State, American, GW, Howard, Drexel, and George Mason 

Pass

This is all rank speculation in any event, but, the point is, there are many regions (you can easily add N. Carolina & S. Carolina as being similar such regions) who could craft new geographical alignments that would eliminate plane trips for conference play, thus saving non-P5 schools a lot of  💴, I would think 

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

This is all rank speculation in any event, but, the point is, there are many regions (you can easily add N. Carolina & S. Carolina as being similar such regions) who could craft new geographical alignments that would eliminate plane trips for conference play, thus saving non-P5 schools a lot of  💴, I would think 

Yes, something schools will (have to) ponder in the near future. 

I’ll throw out a not bad potential basketball conference for this region, involving no airplanes:  Delaware, Temple, St. Joe’s, Drexel, Towson, Loyola, UMBC, Navy, American, Howard, GW & George Mason. No one would confuse it with the ACC, but it ain’t bad