• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BoogerJ

Towson Refunding Prorated Athletic Fee

Unless donations and merch sales step up to FBS levels no other way to fund the programs.  UMD students pay $400 annually. Considering all the extra money the twerps get from tv contracts, merch sales and the state I think $1k a year is fine.  I paid it with my tuition so can these kids. It's that or you don't have college sports at all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Unless donations and merch sales step up to FBS levels no other way to fund the programs.  UMD students pay $400 annually. Considering all the extra money the twerps get from tv contracts, merch sales and the state I think $1k a year is fine.  I paid it with my tuition so can these kids. It's that or you don't have college sports at all.

Serious question, does the merchandise matter? It is all through the school store, not "athletics", correct?  I know its "the same" but it really isn't.

$400 a year with big ten network money is more than I thought they would be paying!

The excuse is "I don't care if we have college sports or not. I don't go and I don't get any benefit out if it, etc"  It's like paying into Social Security tax, most of us won't get anything out of it, but still need to pay in...

CAA is spread out far, which requires flights to some away games. The pod system has worked well and is good for saving money, but a more centralized conference would be better. The issue with the conference is so many different sports/needs of the institutions.

NE- hockey school

Hofstra- basketball and lax

Drexel- ?

Delaware- Football

Towson- Lacrosse

WM- Football/Basketball

JMU- Football

UNCW- Basketball/Baseball

Elon- ?

Charleston- Basketball/Baseball

Only 2 schools play Football, Basketball and Lacrosse and thus waste more money, Delaware and Us. It's just all over the place

The whole University business model is a house of cards; not just Towson, but most state universities. They need the residential fees and out of state tuition to keep afloat. I can see massive layoffs and maybe even elimination of athletics if on-campus housing are shut for the semester. NY Tech (private) has already cancelled atheletics thru the 2022 school year.