• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

And there you have it...a spot has opened up

Heard some news regarding AB yesterday.  Rumor is it wasn't necessarily PS's decsion which makes me feel like the relationship with his players is better than we realize, including AB.  

2 hours ago, griggey20 said:

Heard some news regarding AB yesterday.  Rumor is it wasn't necessarily PS's decsion which makes me feel like the relationship with his players is better than we realize, including AB.  

what was it you heard....whose decision was it?

1 hour ago, Tgr4life said:

what was it you heard....whose decision was it?

Trying to keep the inside stuff off this board and private as we can keep it. There are circumstances that led to AB's putting his name in the transfer portal. He didn't just decide last week, yeah, I had enough of PS and Towson. Time to go.

8 hours ago, griggey20 said:

The guy has baggage and has already been in hot water numerous times in two years here... 

The fact that skerry frequently Keeps players like these is strange. For as well as he graduates players and preaches the good culture, it’s interesting to say the least. But hey they can help him win a few games. And I want them to win so who cares if they aren’t all choir boys, as long as PS keeps doing a really good job of keeping the police blotter silent from the media 😂

I’m no Skerry apologist, but in all fairness 2012, we have to allow for the possibility that Skerry genuinely believes in the concept of lifting young guys like Betrand out of the hard scrabble environments they come from & getting them a college degree. I mean Skerry ain’t exactly running an outlaw program, a la Tark the Shark. 

My beef is that this altruistic motive of Skerry’s has resulted in multiple players (Hairston, Foster, Betrand) having run ins with the law, and has resulted in others (Morman, Ingram, Martin) quitting, transferring or getting booted out. That’s 6 guys in 9 years. Hell, if you’re going to recruit kids with the potential to go off the tracks, at least win. Skerry however has brought in problem children and hasn’t won (at least not when it most counts, in the conference tournament). That’s not a good combo 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1

When you have 13 players on scholarship, the probability that everybody is a saint is pretty low. I also think PS believes in second chances and if a player has talent, he's worth keeping around, assuming he doesn't eff up again.  If you are going to blame him for keeping a few bad eggs or shaky eggs, you might as well blame 349 of the other basketball coaches. 

I don’t blame him for keeping a few bad eggs. I’d just like to see him make all the eggs, good or bad, into a winning soufflé 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I’m no Skerry apologist, but in all fairness 2012, we have to allow for the possibility that Skerry genuinely believes in the concept of lifting young guys like Betrand out of the hard scrabble environments they come from & getting them a college degree. I mean Skerry ain’t exactly running an outlaw program, a la Tark the Shark. 

My beef is that this altruistic motive of Skerry’s has resulted in multiple players (Hairston, Foster, Betrand) having run ins with the law, and has resulted in others (Morman, Ingram, Martin) quitting, transferring or getting booted out. That’s 6 guys in 9 years. Hell, if you’re going to recruit kids with the potential to go off the tracks, at least win. Skerry however has brought in problem children and hasn’t won (at least not when it most counts, in the conference tournament). That’s not a good combo 

Well said.

There are multiple reasons to be on a police blodder, peeing in public, getting into a fight, stealing cars and armed robery can all be found on a police blodder but that doesn't mean you're a bad kid because you end up on it.

To think that 18-22 yr old males don't make dumb mistakes and shouldn't get a 2nd chance is silly.  It's also not an inexact science.  

Winning is also not a hard and fast line either.  Winning 20 games is considered winning for some on this board while only a Sweet 16 performance is the only thing acceptable. 

I enjoy the banter and debate and we won't agree until PS wins a couple NCAA tourney games with 4 yr seniors, so keep it going!