• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

And there you have it...a spot has opened up

Just as a note, the AD at Elon, Dave Blank is the guy that the search committee at Towson recommended hiring before Mike Waddell showed up. He has done a remarkable job at Elon. My understanding is that Towson was unwilling to pay Blank's salary requirement. 

48 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Just as a note, the AD at Elon, Dave Blank is the guy that the search committee at Towson recommended hiring before Mike Waddell showed up. He has done a remarkable job at Elon. My understanding is that Towson was unwilling to pay Blank's salary requirement. 

Lol makes sense. Had some bad hires early on his career for the sports that matter. But cignetti and Schrage seem to be good. From Maryland. But he probably wouldn’t give a coach with a .500 record an extension! Actually he fired one similar. Haha

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Is that a problem? It’s only been 9 years. Be patient, it takes time!!

I know you’re being sarcastic, but my reservoir of patience has run dry 

• Haha 1

I was thrilled with Waddell.  Best AD in the history of the school and had the right idea to cut Baseball and Soccer to funnel money into revenue producing sports.  I wish we could bring him back - also liked that he posted to CAAZONE under the name TUMarketing, very cool and shows his passion and that he gives a damn about what the fans have to say.  Accessible passionate and proud.  Give me that combination any day of the week. 

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:13 AM, griggey20 said:

You realize our funding for hoops is still at the bottom of the league, right? 

You all continue to bring up Mason, ODU and VCU.  I went and looked at STATS to see the success of Jim Larranaga as a head coach.  Funny, he didn't make his first NCAA tournament until year 13 of his carrer.  He was able to build the program at Mason and turned them around to make them a powerhouse quickly.  Mason clearly funds hoops and athletics different than Towson.  For those of you who have been a part of the program or close to the program know that things have been done ass backwards for a long time.  I remember being on PKs staff and every other day he would say how F**ked up everything was from the facilities, donors, pregame meals, hotels, and everything else.  That stuff takes time, and the changing of ADs/Presidents doesn't make it go quicker.  

PS needs to do better in the tournament, we all agree on that but there are so many other ancillary parts to make this thing work and unfortunately for all of us Towson hasn't put those pieces together for a long time. 

Some of us been here just as long as you my friend and perhaps even longer through the doldrums that is TU basketball. 10 years is WAY more than a sufficient amount of time to see if a program is moving forward or not. Unfortunately we have remained stagnant and in some ways digressed in the Skerryball era. This is the metric that should be measured and not comparing it to a different era where the league was more competitive and the lack of resources was way more glaring. When results become predictable and things do not change it's time to seriously evaluate those at top. Sorry...

• Like 1