• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

And there you have it...a spot has opened up

6 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Guys transferring from low-mid majors, after having success is not unique to us, but we seem to be in a perpetual rebuild, always one step behind, never able to mesh the pieces together. Guys transferring, guys quitting, guys having to sit out after transferring. Kinda feels like Groundhog Day 

Not really. There are 823 transfers and counting. Just about every mid-major had one and we joined the club. Get used to it. It's going to happen to every mid-major and every program period, especially if all transfers become eligible to play right away this upcoming season. You have to play the game. If we don't replace Betrand, with a capable player, we're in trouble. He's not irreplaceable. But now that next open spot is huge. However, if Holland can play next season, I think we're in damn good shape even without AB and BF.

You have 13 players on a team with a scholarship and chances are not everybody is going to be happy in school, with the team, with his role. I don't know what AB's issue was because his role was pretty damn good. We don't know what was bothering him. 

Stats are stats. So we'll be picked near the bottom again because we lost our top three scorers and rebounders.

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Guys transferring from low-mid majors, after having success is not unique to us, but we seem to be in a perpetual rebuild, always one step behind, never able to mesh the pieces together. Guys transferring, guys quitting, guys having to sit out after transferring. Kinda feels like Groundhog Day 

Exactly how I feel and felt. We had one strong unit where things fell into place, Benimons senior year.  Had 4 good seniors, a decent big and some good freshmen

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I think the Covid situation helps as far as players wanting to transfer closer to home. Let's say Betrand wants to go to St. Joe's. He should get the waiver. Though it looks like everybody will get the waive this year.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/29021145/ncaa-expects-vote-one-transfer-waiver

So the high point guy should be able to play this fall?

Surprised this didn't happen as soon as the season ended so we could have gone after another wing. Though again, everything changes if transfers become eligible.

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

So the high point guy should be able to play this fall?

That's what I've been saying. Not 100%. We'll find out more on May 20. If that happens, this doesn't hurt quite as bad.

So if Holland is eligible, this is what we look like:

C Victor, CT

PF Gray, Solly, Biekeu

SF Mims, Jones,

SG Holland, Timberlake

PG Gibson, Allen, Dottin

Or PG Gibson, SG Allen, SF Holland

Or PG Gibson, SG Timberlake, SF Holland/Mimis

If he's not eligible, we are bleeped unless we come up with a very good grad transfer.

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

So if Holland is eligible, this is what we look like:

C Victor, CT

PF Gray, Solly, Biekeu

SF Mims, Jones,

SG Holland, Timberlake

PG Gibson, Allen, Dottin

Or PG Gibson, SG Allen, SF Holland

Or PG Gibson, SG Timberlake, SF Holland/Mimis

If he's not eligible, we are bleeped unless we come up with a very good grad transfer.

I see lots of excuses upcoming. The skerry cycle begins!

I don't want to keep harping on Betrand, but we went 5-2 in our last 7 games and he averaged 9.2 points. He went 1 for 7 with 2 points in the loss to NE. Maybe he mentally out the door weeks ago.

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I see lots of excuses upcoming. The skerry cycle begins!

What excuses? Again, I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing.