• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

And there you have it...a spot has opened up

23 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

So you really think he just throws darts and that's how he picks up transfers? Transfers are hit-or-miss in most circumstances. What he really needs to do is hit on more freshmen. This season, the staff did a much better job with Gibson and Thompson. As for transfers, I would say Gray was a miss on the offensive end, but we definitely missed his D down the stretch. Not really sure what to expect about Victor and Mims, though I think Big Vic immediately gives you a rim protector at 6-11. Mims is very athletic with a pretty good shot. 

The Betrand thing is tough and the timing is strange, but it's not a surprise, esp. considering they were looking at a Seton Hall transfer. And Betrand's body language this year. Though considering the waiver rule not being passed, I don't know how you can take anybody who has to sit out a year. We should be looking only at grad transfers and jucos.

Ah yes, that's what's been missing these past 9 years, grad transfers and jucos.  That's why Pat Skerry hasn't been able to crack the code on how to win the CAA, he hasn't had grad transfers or jucos.  What is it about Pat Skerry that makes you believe that all he needs to win the conference tournament are grad transfers and jucos?  Because that's got to what it's all about going into year TEN of this coaching regime.  No coach in the CAA will ever have a perfect roster, it's about doing more with less.....it's about getting your team to overachieve, it's about COACHING UP your players.  Pat does NOT do any of that.  But hey, let's let him have an indefinite amount of time to figure this thing out.....he'll get it eventually.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AtlantaTiger said:

Ah yes, that's what's been missing these past 9 years, grad transfers and jucos.  That's why Pat Skerry hasn't been able to crack the code on how to win the CAA, he hasn't had grad transfers or jucos.  What is it about Pat Skerry that makes you believe that all he needs to win the conference tournament are grad transfers and jucos?  Because that's got to what it's all about going into year TEN of this coaching regime.  No coach in the CAA will ever have a perfect roster, it's about doing more with less.....it's about getting your team to overachieve, it's about COACHING UP your players.  Pat does NOT do any of that.  But hey, let's let him have an indefinite amount of time to figure this thing out.....he'll get it eventually.

I know you are being sarcastic, so I am actually agreeing with you that Skerry will never get it. 10 years, unearned extensions, 2-10 (maybe 2-9...not sure) in conference tournaments. Think of all the coaches that have been fired for not winning but not Skerry in the sport that is supposed to be as important as any in which to win. 

I don't think he is throwing darts....he is just hoping someone....anyone...will come and play at Towson for him and maybe stay here for more than a cup of coffee.

Edited by Tgr4life
left out a word

I think 2012 brings up an interesting issue. Only 7 freshman recruits in Skerry’s 9 years who’ve stayed through their senior year. Granted, I don’t know how that compares to other CAA schools over the same period of time, but I don’t think it’s inappropriate to ask if Skerry is recruiting the right kind of kids, both from a physical & psychological perspective. We’ve had a lot of kids either transfer, quit, or get kicked off. There’s an argument to make that grad transfers, sit one transfers and JUCO’s should be complimentary pieces to a successful program, rather than the focal points 

Mat, it occurs to me that instead of being better off getting closer to home, Betrand might be better off getting farther away from home 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, it occurs to me that instead of being better off getting closer to home, Betrand might be better off getting farther away from home 

I guess 

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

I think 2012 brings up an interesting issue. Only 7 freshman recruits in Skerry’s 9 years who’ve stayed through their senior year. Granted, I don’t know how that compares to other CAA schools over the same period of time, but I don’t think it’s inappropriate to ask if Skerry is recruiting the right kind of kids, both from a physical & psychological perspective. We’ve had a lot of kids either transfer, quit, or get kicked off. There’s an argument to make that grad transfers, sit one transfers and JUCO’s should be complimentary pieces to a successful program, rather than the focal points 

Elon in the 2018-19 year had 5 four year graduating players. One school, small sample size, and crappy coach, but still.  Can't compare him to any current coaches because only 1 coach, 1! has been tenured longer than Pat. Ridiculous 

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Who remembers Mike Geen?

Good luck sitting on the bench a lot, the next 3 years

I know other fans opinions are not important but...

image.thumb.png.d226f9394b380fd0c5370f57c87e781d.png 

I don't mind other people hating us and the coach, but I wish it were because of us having a successful program... which we do not

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I know other fans opinions are not important but...

image.thumb.png.d226f9394b380fd0c5370f57c87e781d.png 

I don't mind other people hating us and the coach, but I wish it were because of us having a successful program... which we do not

They should worry about their own players leaving.

4 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If that number is true (7 TOTAL freshmen who have stayed through their senior year in Skerry's 9 years) that might be the most damning indictment against Skerry.  I'm stunned by that statistic, absolutely stunned.  That's shameful.

This program has a revolving door and if we had a competent or interested Athletic Director it would be addressed.