• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Darrick Jones

1 minute ago, mat1992 said:

Actually, Gibson played a lot right away and Thompson played a decent amount and then a lot when Gray got hurt. A lot depends on who the last pickup will be, whether Mims or Timberlake grab that 3 spot and if Jones is ready to play both ends.  Also, If Holland is eligible, because if he's not, Timberlake is almost certain to start at the 2. I honestly don't know enough about Jones from watching him at Oak Hill whether he's going to play 5 or 20 minutes a game. 

Actually, Thompson played a lot early on because Sanders was out the first 5 games and limited Solomon. Looking at the stats, Gibson played more minutes early on than I thought, because he wasn't starting. And at some point he had to get the nod over Dottin at the 1.

13 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Actually, Thompson played a lot early on because Sanders was out the first 5 games and limited Solomon. Looking at the stats, Gibson played more minutes early on than I thought, because he wasn't starting. And at some point he had to get the nod over Dottin at the 1.

Right so he is played a lot of minutes early and late due to injuries. That’s always a factor in whether freshmen play a lot unless they are legit or we have holes. 

On 4/30/2020 at 12:18 AM, TSU88 said:

For those upset about the departure of Betrand, perhaps this pic (from Jones’ Instagram page) will make you feel a little better.

You can’t help but be a little excited about this kid’s athleticism 

And he posted a pic of him in a TU uni, which, given recent events, is encouraging to see

079A0BD7-CD7C-4E03-921A-E353CFA130D4.png

76A64208-EF1B-4B4B-89E4-DB65388F293C.png

Interesting. Will contain my optimism for now...

7 minutes ago, tualum said:

Interesting. Will contain my optimism for now...

Will add that will a "flashy" individual like this fit well within the Skerry system? Hubris is running high for this kid..

Only time will tell. I’m just intrigued by his obvious athleticism.  No excessive pride or self-confidence here (hubris)

Edited by TSU88