3. Vince Angotti, Men's Basketball

4. Terry Truax, Men's Basketball

5. Phil Albert, Football

6. Missy Doherty, Women's Lacrosse

7. Sonia Lamonica, Women's Lacrosse

8. Pat Mead, Swimming & Diving

9. Tony Seaman, Men's Lacrosse

10. Dickie/Linda Filbert, Women's Gymnastics

I can only go by my lifetime at Towson so I never got to see Phil Albert in his prime, same with Runk winning a D2 title, but I did them get to the title game in 1991. Albert's record before I got there in 1989 in D2 and D3 was incredible. The 1-AA years without many resources and no conference crushed him. He was an offensive innovator. HM to Gordy Combs, Rob Ambrose. One for rejuvenating the program and the other for taking the team to the FCS title game, something most of here though was a pipe dream after losing football in 1990, going non-schollie and Patriot Leauge-in it. Pat Skerry could enter the list if he wins the CAA this season.

1.Carl Runk

2.Dick Filbert

3. Phil Albert

4. Vince Angotti

5. Pat Mead

6. Chris Riley -VBall

7. Tony Seaman

8. Terry Truax

9. Frank Olszewski

10.Missy Holmes/Doherty

I'd put Dick Filbert at the top. For many years, we routinely beat West Virginia, Pitt, and other major programs. In 1990 (or maybe '91) we went to nationals and finished 9th out of the 12 qualifiers -- truly incredible, given these were powerhouses like Georgia and UCLA. And if Nads can get us back to the tournament this year -- after losing so many key players -- then I would put him on this list, even if he hasn't had that many years in the saddle. I saw Phil Albert's teams from his first year as HC, and he was a dynamic offensive mind and motivator (and he always produced good QBs). His act got stale near the end, though, even before the save-Towson-football black hole.