• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Shame

My guess is that he thinks he can play at a higher level if you look at his quotes. I also don't think we're looking at another post player who, while productive, can't space the floor.

“We have an amazing situation at Delaware,” Mutts said Saturday. “But with the work that I’ve done, I’ve put myself in a position where I can look at all my options and what’s best for me and my family moving forward.’’

https://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/2020/05/30/exploring-his-options-delaware-basketballs-mutts-considers-transfer/5290873002/

"An amazing situation at Delaware".  Yeah, and that amazing situation, if you're a part of it and lead your team to the Tournament, will get you noticed by PLENTY of scouts.  But if you go to a bigger school and you don't see the star minutes there that you would have at UD, you won't get as noticed.  The grass isn't always greener, kids.

But hey, Delaware's loss is the CAA's gain.

Some questions on their board about Darling, just finishing his 4th year of college, maybe graduating and going into the grad transfer portal?  If so, good for us.

Is there a deadline for entering the portal? One would think Darling would already know whether or not he’s entering the portal. For instance, he’s known for weeks that Mutts was departing, to the extent that weighs on his decision. Unless, he’s waiting until he makes a final decision about officially declaring for the NBA. I can’t see him being drafted, but I can see him making big $ in Europe, if he wants to go that route