• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Jake Constantine to Towson

1 hour ago, DT #11 Dad said:

Please excuse my ignorance, he will have 2 years of eligibility remaining as a grad transfer, correct?

One year left. Played one year of junior college 

45 minutes ago, TowsonTiger11 said:

My question is why is he transferring? Do we have any insight on this? 

Wants to throw more apparently and he lost his OC. According to their site, last year’s inside linebacker coach is the new OC.

Oh well.  Casualties of the canceled season I suppose.  So do they get another transfer or stand pat....I don't think even the coaches know at this point.  They better focus on recruiting...a lot of guys committing in 2021....but we only have 2 so far.

33 minutes ago, Maharba10 said:

Oh well.  Casualties of the canceled season I suppose.  So do they get another transfer or stand pat....I don't think even the coaches know at this point.  They better focus on recruiting...a lot of guys committing in 2021....but we only have 2 so far.

They may have more commits in 2021, but it’s not publicized. This is par for the course in terms of commits at this point. Maybe we’d have a couple more, but kind of tough in a pandemic.

Constantine is a West Coast guy and made the right move for him since it appears the PAC-12 will attempt to play conference games in the fall. I hear he’s walking on, so he may not play at all. Also had some cryptic Tweet last week that appeared to show he was moving on.

As for replacing him, I don’t know how you can get anybody to play here until the CAA comes out with a legitimate plan that doesn’t have kids playing in snowstorms. They are working on it with all the athletic directors, so I think there will be some kind of condensed season in the spring.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

They may have more commits in 2021, but it’s not publicized. This is par for the course in terms of commits at this point. Maybe we’d have a couple more, but kind of tough in a pandemic.

Constantine is a West Coast guy and made the right move for him since it appears the PAC-12 will attempt to play conference games in the fall. I hear he’s walking on, so he may not play at all. Also had some cryptic Tweet last week that appeared to show he was moving on.

As for replacing him, I don’t know how you can get anybody to play here until the CAA comes out with a legitimate plan that doesn’t have kids playing in snowstorms. They are working on it with all the athletic directors, so I think there will be some kind of condensed season in the spring.

Yeah...makes sense for him IF he plays.  Hard to crack the lineup at a PAC 10 school when you show up on August 1st.....especially at QB. That said I wish the young man well and hope he isn't overthinking this.  Yep....tough to get someone with no plan. Recruiting seems to be moving more quickly recently rather than more slowly due to COVID 19. I'm sure they have a plan..will be interesting to see how things unfold with so many unknowns.