• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Makhtar Gueye transferring to Towson

33 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

I understand what TU2012 is saying and agree that this is a guard dominant league.  At the same time we could be a matchup nightmare for everyone in the CAA if all of these guys get waivers this year.  The ability of Gray and Gueye to stretch the floor, allowing no double teams in the post on Victor can be a huge asset offensively and the lenght on this team defensively could bring a faster pace which is something we have all be hoping for (including myself).

I know a lot of ppl on this board don't like Skerry ball.  For me, if we have the athletes to run a full court press, trap, and speed up the pace (which we haven't done) we can not only win games but we may actually make it exciting enough for more than 1,800 people to come to the arena.  

It would be interesting, but again, we have had the players and opportunities before and have not. 

I don't really care if we have 5 guys start who are 6'10 or 5 guys who are 6'1, they need to score, which has been an issue for us over the years, and win.

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I know you are. I just would have preferred a guard or wing haha. But as Mat said beggars can't be choosers.  We do need at least 1 of the 2 transfers to be eligible in the Fall.

I’m not predicting we win the conference if they’re both eligible, but if both Holland & Gueye play this fall, things could be very interesting. Let’s see if 1 or both get a waiver. To be continued 

This guy is a good get but he is not the one to put us over the hump and win a CAA championship. That will come down to the guards and Skerry’s coaching (which is where I have the least confidence as of now). As for pressing, he hasn’t done it with long athletic players in the past so why would he now??? I think if he did, it would really change this teams ability score. Something like the havoc defense that VCU ran with Shaka and his disciples could really change the fan excitement of this program and lead us to the promise land. 

• Like 1

There is somewhat of an ironic twist to Gueye coming here. One of the schools that coveted him was New Mexico, where our old friend Zane Martin transferred to. There’s a thread on a Lobo message board titled “Mahktar Gueye to Towson????,” as if they had some entitlement to him which we had the audacity to usurp 

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

There is somewhat of an ironic twist to Gueye coming here. One of the schools that coveted him was New Mexico, where our old friend Zane Martin transferred to. There’s a thread on a Lobo message board titled “Mahktar Gueye to Towson????,” as if they had some entitlement to him which we had the audacity to usurp 

HAHAH. New Mexico hasn't been what they used to be since Alford left.  They've had lots of issues recently. 

So we now have players from, The US, Canada, Senegal and Nigeria. IHOH