• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BK_Brian

COVID 19 and NCAA Athletics

3 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Disagree. If it’s safe to play in the East Coast, but they can’t play out West, why shouldn’t those Eastern conferences play? They just won’t have National tournaments. They’ll just play teams within their own conference or area. 

Just what i think its realistic. Its like asking the whole country to shut down while 80% of the cases are in NYC and Cali. (Retroactively speaking). Obviously lessons learned in terms of the shutdown. But I see them applying the same logic here. Just my guess

2 hours ago, sr16 said:

Just what i think its realistic. Its like asking the whole country to shut down while 80% of the cases are in NYC and Cali. (Retroactively speaking). Obviously lessons learned in terms of the shutdown. But I see them applying the same logic here. Just my guess

Well, if the whole county shut down in April, we’d probably not be having this discussion. There is no them. It’s basically up to each conference, not the NCAA. If the SEC is not playing football until the spring, everyone else shuts down in the fall. They basically rule college football.

They will try like hell to play because there will be billions of dollars lost. Time is running out. 

Personally, I would push the season to October. Plan on having preseason in September. If things haven’t gotten better in a month in mid-August, I’d postpone it until the spring.