• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

And there it is....

If there is no vaccine, there is no NCAA basketball season, and there will be no spring football. The NCAA is not going to do a spring FCS Championship, and so any games played will be no more than exhibitions.

Well, it’s unlikely there will be a vaccine in 90 days, which is when basketball would start. I have no clue if there’s going to be a basketball season, but, if there is, I wouldn’t be surprised if OOC games are junked, which would, at least for us, bump the start of the season back to late December/early January. I also don’t know about fans; even if they’re allowed (even on a limited basis) I doubt I’ll be attending this season. From my perspective, it’s riskier to go inside SECU than it would have been to go outdoors to a TU football game, where I could have distanced myself from other spectators fairly easily 

Edited by TSU88

Junior Colleges here in NorCal have already said Men’s & Women’s 🏀 would start February 1st...  that would seem like a more accurate time frame for All D1/D2/D3/NAIA basketball programs.  
Indoor sports a whole different issue now with Covid.  

I had the Covid Test back on July 29th.   Swab went 10 long seconds down my throat and then another 10 long seconds up my nose..  super invasive and uncomfortable.  Had my results within 8 hours but obviously not the case for most across the country. 

I’m truly living in a bubble here in crazy San Fran-sicko however I do think we have some of the best scientists in the country based here.  I don’t see a vaccine until at least January and hence I can’t see indoor college sports starting until February.  

Depending on the state of the world at the time, start basketball on 2/1, just conference games, & have (mid-to-late) April madness 

Edited by TSU88