• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
BoogerJ

Crickets

No chatter about Towson Football in the wake of the fall season being cancelled.  No communication from TL or RA.

Will anyone outside of the people on this board and the players/coaches actually miss the team not playing this season?

I thought the same thing. No release from them. As bad as the leadership is, this is a new situation and I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt. 

Besides the players families, the band and some students who like to get drunk in the parking lot prior... not much else.  

I disagree and think a number of people will miss the team not playing this fall.  I would assume RA has spoken to the most important people, the players, coaches, etc.  Otherwise, I'm not overly concerned about statements from the Admin, etc. regarding football or any sports right now during this very crazy and fluid situation.  I don't think it's unreasonable to sit and wait to see how shit plays out before making public statements.  Look at Big 10 and Pac 12, they were all about going forward with football within conference and making alternative plans, but it was never going to happen.  

Everything is upside down.   

I'm not sure what kind of bubble you all live in, but there's a whole lot more pressing issues than whether Towson football or any football is played this fall.  Millions of people are out of work and/or are working at reduced salaries wondering how they will make ends meet. People with children are worried whether their children will be safe at school this year and if they are not going to be in school, how will they work while also watching their children. Nobody cares about any sports right now.  I'm a diehard Mets fan and have maybe watch 4 innings total this year.  Sports of any kind is the last thing on my mind.   

I live in NYC and it's a fucking ghost town.  

Sorry, I just need to vent a little.  Hope you all are well.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well put, BK. I would also suggest that one of the reasons there are only a few replies to this thread in particular is the blatantly transparent animus the originator has towards the football program (and probably the basketball program as well).  It’s a free country (sort of) & he’s entitled to his opinions, but, speaking for myself, I generally simply choose not to respond to his posts, which should not be misconstrued as a lack of interest on my part in the program, a sentiment I dare say is not unique to me.

However, as a public service, I will endeavor to sum things up in my own inimitable style: there’s this pesky pandemic, which has resulted in cancellation of the football season. It’s highly questionable whether there will be a basketball season and/or spring football. Meanwhile, I’m comfortable in assuming that otherwise, the day-to-day affairs of the programs are going forward, even in the absence of bulletins to that effect.  What else, rhetorically speaking, is there to know right now?

• Like 3

I'm sure RA was supremely disappointed when the CAA pulled the plug, especially since so much effort had gone into working with the team/staff remotely and coming up with a plan to proceed. And then ... it's all gone. I wouldn't have known what to say either, or seen much point in it. My disappointment (apart from just missing out on games and cheering us on) is that we had a chance to be pretty good with Shane, DeBerry, and Ron Johnson all back, a very good o-line, some promising defenders, and Constantine. Now, at least some of those prospects for the coming season have all vanished, even if games are played in the spring. I fear the same way about b-ball, with Big Vic, the UAB transfer, and our returnees giving us reason to hope. Would be a real shame if that season falls by the wayside too.

• Like 1

Normally I love the crush the athletics department for their lack of leadership and small time thinking but what statement would they put out? The season is canceled, the league and teams will reschedule sports when it's safe.

Have we learned nothing from the shit show of baseball? Hockey is working because they left the country and are playing in a bubble with huge TV revenue and massive testing. You can't do that in college sports.

• Like 1