• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Godfather18

Adrian Feliz Platt

Anyone here know if Adrian Feliz Platt will get the starting job if there’s a spring season next year? I have been eyeing him up through out his career and now that Shane is gone will he have a shot at a starting gig. I know he exploded his last two years in high school and broke a couple of Maryland high school records wondering if he will do the same his last two years at Towson.

6A0AB56D-9C3B-4F01-BDB9-B92B8000FB49.jpeg

Edited by Godfather18

Welcome to the board. It's nice to talk football for the first time in weeks, if not months. Assuming we have some football in the spring, I think Platt will compete with Kobe Young for the starting job. There is 235-pound freshman in Sabias Folley, but I doubt they trust a true freshman right away. But I assume they will bring in an FBS transfer from somewhere. Maybe a Juco. You need more than two experienced backs to compete. While we lost Shane, pretty much every CAA team, who had NFL prospects lost guys in the fall.

My opinion about Platt, while he's a nice back, all the high school records in the world mean very little at this level. He's not very big or explosive, though I liked the way he played last season. He just didn't show he was ready to be a prime back after Shane went down with the ACL injury and Kobe decided to redshirt. Our offense lacked a lot of explosiveness with Platt or Yeedee in the backfield and without Jabari Allen at WR. Maybe he'll be a bit quicker this season, coming off an ACL injury in 2018. Young also has something to prove. Maybe they will share carries, though I think Kobe adds a little more size and the ability to catch the ball. Neither guy is Shane, who is a legit star because he can make people miss and fly when he gets in the open field.

Huge questions at running back and quarterback, if we have a spring. We had a lot to look forward to if we had played the fall with Jake Constantine at QB and Shane back at RB. Now, the only thing to get excited about is that we could have legit football and not just spring practice, even if it's eight games or less. Then likely a limited fall season as well. The best thing might be just to scrap the spring season, have a normal spring practice or add a week or two. That's assuming we have a vax.

• Like 1

IMO he is a very solid player.  Agree with comment above.  Good at everything but not necessarily great at anything.  He will get an opportunity.  Guys just don't emerge into stars their 5th and now 6th year but who knows.  There is a big freshman this year and another kid that looks explosive coming next fall. Should be competitive for playing time and likely RB by committee the next couple years.

Nice to meet you Mat what do you think Adrian would need to work on to show Towson that he can be that Elite back? Also Kobe Young showed a lot of promise when he played the year before. I would love to see Maryland added back to the schedule in the Spring if we have a Spring season. Also I agree Adrian played really well last year he got better and better every game I kinda wish they kept him in more the last game against Elon.

Edited by Godfather18

15 hours ago, Godfather18 said:

Nice to meet you Mat what do you think Adrian would need to work on to show Towson that he can be that Elite back? Also Kobe Young showed a lot of promise when he played the year before. I would love to see Maryland added back to the schedule in the Spring if we have a Spring season. Also I agree Adrian played really well last year he got better and better every game I kinda wish they kept him in more the last game against Elon.

I don't know if he has the physical tools to be a Shane, a Darius Victor and certainly not a Terrance West. It's about making people miss on the first contact and in space, especially if you are not a big back. He's strong for his size, but he's not going to drag a lot of 275 pound DTs if they get their hands on him. I love the potential of our offensive line. They are gigantic and should be able to open some holes up front. But if you watched him last season when Shane went down, Yeedee Thaenrat became the prime back late in the year. He was a short-yardage back to start the season. And he wasn't really a home run hitter. But Yeedee was 220 pounds and that helps if you don't have electric speed and quickness like Shane.

Those three I mentioned are likely eventual Hall of Famers at Towson. Not saying we need that but each guy was either very powerful or had top-flight speed and quicks. Kobe has some of those characteristics, but I thought he'd be close to 220 pounds by now at 6-0. Last I heard he was around 210, but not sure what he is now.

So I'm not saying AP has no chance to start. Shane is not here, so you do have competition. They all have something to prove, but if you are looking for the next T-West or close to him, Folley could be that guy.

58 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

I don't know if he has the physical tools to be a Shane, a Darius Victor and certainly not a Terrance West. It's about making people miss on the first contact and in space, especially if you are not a big back. He's strong for his size, but he's not going to drag a lot of 275 pound DTs if they get their hands on him. I love the potential of our offensive line. They are gigantic and should be able to open some holes up front. But if you watched him last season when Shane went down, Yeedee Thaenrat became the prime back late in the year. He was a short-yardage back to start the season. And he wasn't really a home run hitter. But Yeedee was 220 pounds and that helps if you don't have electric speed and quickness like Shane.

Those three I mentioned are likely eventual Hall of Famers at Towson. Not saying we need that but each guy was either very powerful or had top-flight speed and quicks. Kobe has some of those characteristics, but I thought he'd be close to 220 pounds by now at 6-0. Last I heard he was around 210, but not sure what he is now.

So I'm not saying AP has no chance to start. Shane is not here, so you do have competition. They all have something to prove, but if you are looking for the next T-West or close to him, Folley could be that guy.

Ok got it what does Adrian bring to the table u think ? Also do u think he would excel if he earned that starting spot or we would need to see what he can do if In that role?

Edited by Godfather18

6 minutes ago, Godfather18 said:

Ok got it what does Adrian bring to the table u think ? Also do u think he would excel if he earned that starting spot or we would need to see what he can do if In that role?

Again, he doesn’t really have the physical tools. He has experience and works hard. They got a long look at him last season. He was fine, but Thaenrat was better. 

I was pleasantly surprised by Platt's improvement this past year. He looked overmatched as a freshman, but in 2019 showed some elusiveness.

Mat, on a related subject: With the PAC-12 season "postponed," what are the chances Constantine comes back here if we have spring football? His chances of playing are far greater than at Wash. State.

• Thanks 1