Jump to content
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Godfather18

Adrian Feliz Platt

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Godfather18 said:

Definitely was excited to see him play after having a strong spring camp and then Towson transfers in a FBS running back definitely not what you do to a player that was hoping to get a starting position extremely disappointed at this program. But the grass greener on the other side I guess. 

Lol. Even at this level it’s a business. Coaches are always looking for an upgrade and especially one who needs to pull out all the stops to keep his job. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again, I do not know much about this team but from what I can see is a coaching staff that is committed to making a legitimate playoff run. It seems the approach chosen is to utilize the transfer portal talent to do so. I read some postings in which some thought that transfers are kids that weren’t going to start at their other schools, definitely not true. Due to COVID and getting the extra year, the transfer portal is at record numbers and there are many players who needed a change to revive their motivation, position coach left, wanted to try to go power 5, and or graduated and wanted a new challenge.

My son would have started for sure but his position coach left and he felt he reached his highest potential with his past coaching staff. 
i can’t say for sure the approach this staff is using will be the answer for this team but I can say for sure that they raised the competition for spring and are raising the competition for fall camp. 
I have also seen where FBS transfers come in and compete but do not beat out current FCS starters. 
Simply, it looks like to me Coach is taking an educated gambling approach in which the odds are in favor of some great competition and all the players, transfers and current will need to bring their A game! 
I predict we will be strong contenders in the playoffs. Again, never even watched a CAA game, just a hunch😊

Edited by LatinaHeat20
I wanted to post this in the transfer portal thread. I posted in wrong thread.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, LatinaHeat20 said:

Again, I do not know much about this team but from what I can see is a coaching staff that is committed to making a legitimate playoff run. It seems the approach chosen is to utilize the transfer portal talent to do so. I read some postings in which some thought that transfers are kids that weren’t going to start at their other schools, definitely not true. Due to COVID and getting the extra year, the transfer portal is at record numbers and there are many players who needed a change to revive their motivation, position coach left, wanted to try to go power 5, and or graduated and wanted a new challenge.

My son would have started for sure but his position coach left and he felt he reached his highest potential with his past coaching staff. 
i can’t say for sure the approach this staff is using will be the answer for this team but I can say for sure that they raised the competition for spring and are raising the competition for fall camp. 
I have also seen where FBS transfers come in and compete but do not beat out current FCS starters. 
Simply, it looks like to me Coach is taking an educated gambling approach in which the odds are in favor of some great competition and all the players, transfers and current will need to bring their A game! 
I predict we will be strong contenders in the playoffs. Again, never even watched a CAA game, just a hunch😊

100% agree with your post.  All of the kids that are transferring in to Towson would be/are impact players at their respective schools.  The landscape of top tier FCS has changed.  The portal will now become an even bigger part of creating the depth needed to compete for a national championship.  Easily the most depth that Towson has ever had. I expect this team to challenge for the National Championship.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 8:34 AM, LatinaHeat20 said:

My son would have started for sure but his position coach left and he felt he reached his highest potential with his past coaching staff. 

I suspect you'd like to keep your son's name private, but can you tell us if he plays offense or defense?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I suspect you'd like to keep your son's name private, but can you tell us if he plays offense or defense?

Defense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is my last post on this forum I would like to thank everyone on here that have been super supportive of Adrian on here and at Towson. As a parent it’s hard to see your kid not get to his full potential at a football program very disappointed with the coaching staff at Towson they let a local Maryland kid with a Full walk. Like I said before they don’t develop there in house players that they recruit as freshman. The program needs major restructuring at the top. There definitely losing a good one. But there u have it I said my piece and can’t wait to see Adrian play in the fall. So long Everyone..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Godfather18 said:

This is my last post on this forum I would like to thank everyone on here that have been super supportive of Adrian on here and at Towson. As a parent it’s hard to see your kid not get to his full potential at a football program very disappointed with the coaching staff at Towson they let a local Maryland kid with a Full walk. Like I said before they don’t develop there in house players that they recruit as freshman. The program needs major restructuring at the top. There definitely losing a good one. But there u have it I said my piece and can’t wait to see Adrian play in the fall. So long Everyone..

We appreciate your time spent on here. Good luck with your son and his future. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This is an example of a list.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

Footer title

This content can be configured within your theme settings in your ACP. You can add any HTML including images, paragraphs and lists.

×