• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
bucketsandbirds

Zane coming back to TU?

46 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

We don't agree much... but had the same feelings/thoughts on this.  As a lot of people stated this is either going to end very well or blow up.

I only saw a few games, most were late in the year when he was getting more PT. They obviously press more than us (who doesnt?!) but it seemed like he was giving better effort on the defensive end. NM also had lots of players leave/get suspended last year, they were dysfunctional as one could get.

Also, we don't get Fobbs without Zane leaving. While I think Zane is a better scorer, Brian was a better all around player than Zane. And most importantly wanted to be here.

Fobbs committed in mid-March or early March of 2018. Zane left officially in mid-April. The fact that we were going after Fobbs probably had nothing to do with Zane leaving and I assume we were recruiting him way before that. He was a 3 and was supposed to replace Morsell.

Like I said in my post, I want to be wrong.  I’d love to watch him put up 15-20 a game and be the vocal leader that we have been missing since Benimon and Davis left. 

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Fobbs committed in mid-March or early March of 2018. Zane left officially in mid-April. The fact that we were going after Fobbs probably had nothing to do with Zane leaving and I assume we were recruiting him way before that. He was a 3 and was supposed to replace Morsell.

Didn't know that. I thought Brian was a late add in around June-ish.

So who is the odd person out now???

22 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Didn't know that. I thought Brian was a late add in around June-ish.

So who is the odd person out now???

If you look at Mat’s post yesterday, listing various projected lineups with ZM’s return, I believe you’ll notice that conspicuously missing from any of those lists was Mr. Gueye, the erstwhile UAB transfer. Just sayin 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

If you look at Mat’s post yesterday, listing various projected lineups with ZM’s return, I believe you’ll notice that conspicuously missing from any of those lists was Mr. Gueye, the erstwhile UAB transfer. Just sayin 

And to be fair, he did not get the waiver yet, so I didn’t put him in the projected lineups.

51 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

And to be fair, he did not get the waiver yet, so I didn’t put him in the projected lineups.

Interesting.. if you check the social media, he still has Towson Basketball listed in his bio, but is currently in Dakar Senegal..

Makhtar, we hardly knew ya

I know he’s got range on the 3, but does that extend to Senegal 🇸🇳?

Edited by TSU88

I see all the sides and I have to smile..  we were all young and dumb at least I know I was. 
I saw Frankie Ferrari leave and come back to the University of SF however different coaches in that situation but he came back better than ever. 

All I ask is that he share the ball more...  he can help us. 

Oh to be a Tigers fan...  

I know a ton of people who have left companies and returned later   Same deal

I can hear it now...  Spiro on the call...  “Martin for 3 and he’s fouled...  Zany times are back at Towson” 

• Like 1