• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
bucketsandbirds

Zane coming back to TU?

36 minutes ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Pretty much what i said. I had to read it three times. 

i cant imagine Gibson and Dottin are too happy about this.  

Cam Allen is also there. Zane is not really a point guard, but he demands the ball a lot. Gibson can play more off the ball. Dottin is a backup at best. Allen can be the guy off the bench pushing the tempo. Zane shot poorly last year at New Mexico, but he did average 3.1 assists. That's more than Gibson and Dottin.

https://golobos.com/roster/zane-martin/

Yeah. I was speaking of the guys who have been there, and put in the time with the program. 

If Zane can play anywhere near the level he did during his Sophomore year, then he will no doubt be an asset.  The old saying, if you want PT, earn it. 

Still, to me part of it smells of, a guy dropping his GF for the hot girl who flirted with him, then finding out it wasn’t all that, and coming back to the first love.   

But hey this has already been a crazy 2020, so Why Not!

9 minutes ago, bucketsandbirds said:

Yeah. I was speaking of the guys who have been there, and put in the time with the program. 

If Zane can play anywhere near the level he did during his Sophomore year, then he will no doubt be an asset.  The old saying, if you want PT, earn it. 

Still, to me part of it smells of, a guy dropping his GF for the hot girl who flirted with him, then finding out it wasn’t all that, and coming back to the first love.   

But hey this has already been a crazy 2020, so Why Not!

Bottom line is winning. If Zane can help you win, and even if he averages 15ppg instead of 20ppg, he's replacing Fobbs. He's going to a lesser conference and not having to worry about elevation. Gibson, Timberlake and Dottin are nice kids, but they are not capable of averaging 20ppg. Not as for the defensive side, late free throws and clutch play? I would hope that Zane would become more of a team player with guys that can stroke the ball around him like Gibson, Holland, Allen (good 3pt shooter), Gray, etc.

• Like 1

Wasn’t there a guy who transferred to TU from UM to play football (Veil or something like that) played here 1 year & left to return to UM?

I’m all for ZM’s return. He held his own to New Mexico (he avg what, about 10ppg & 3 assists) & the level of competition here isn’t as good as their. My question is will 1 basketball 🏀 be enough for ZM, Cam Allen, Curtis Holland, Gibson, Mims & Gueye (if he gets a waiver). I guess that’s a good problem to have.

BTW, if ZM plays this upcoming season, how would that work, considering I thought we already have a full roster in terms of available scholarships?

28 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

BTW, if ZM plays this upcoming season, how would that work, considering I thought we already have a full roster in terms of available scholarships?

That is my question.. is someone leaving?  

At first I didn't like the move.. taking someone back who quit on the team and left them... kind of BS IMO. But the more I think about it, he can score and we are losing 43 points from last years team. Seems like he maybe matured and grew up alittle and was on the conference all academic team. I'm thinking this is either a great move and he helps lead them a long way... or it blows up i everyones face and he doesn't finish the season

If he is eligible right away and the UAB kid also, this will be one of the top 2-3 talented teams in the Skerry era in the CAA.  There would be zero excuses to not cut the nets down in March (if there's a season).  He is going to have his hands full with one ball and 200 minutes for 10-11 quality players...  Can he learn to manage egos and players roles? Hasn't so far, so it will be interesting.

Edited by TuTigers2012