• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

First magazine is out

I don't know how you can put a magazine out without knowing the schedule. Lindy's did and probably printed it in June or July. Veteran writer Ken Cross wrote the CAA edition. He had:

1)Drexel
2)Elon
3)Delaware
4)Charleston
5)Hofstra
6)JMU
7)Northeastern
8)UNCW
9)W&M
10)Towson

He did have Delaware in third, despite the fact they were losing Darling and Mutts. UNCW should be higher with four starters back and Elon is about right with four starters back. Drexel should be better, but wow, is this conference struggling with talent. I think when I talked about the other thread and Flo Sports, how the league went for the money grab. I wonder if recruiting suffers because we don't have a TV contract. The parents want to see their kids on TV, not on a pay subscription streaming service. Even CAA TV would be better than Flo Sports, but it doesn't generate money for the schools.

Of course, he doesn't have the Zane Martin pickup. Does have the Curtis Holland and Cam Allen additions. And Betrand as a subtraction. Understandably, when you see that Towson is losing four starters, you are going to pick that team at the bottom or near.  As a biased observer, I do think the additions of Zane, Holland, Mims, Victor and Cam Allen were excellent pickups. The freshmen really don't matter. It's all about the transfer, so we're not relying on kids. We're relying on those five, Solly, Gibson, Timberlake and Thompson. Tunstall is a bit of a loss defensively, but not offensively. Maybe on the boards because Gray is not a great rebounder at power forward. Sanders is not a loss. Fobbs a big loss and Betrand gone is meh. Zane should replace Fobbs' points, though probably not his defense. A combination of Mims and Holland should replace Betrands' production and more.

At least we can talk legit hoops because it will be here in two months. Hope I can see a practice (with masks) in the next month or two, but not holding my breath. I'll take watching it on Flo Sports or whatever stream is out there.

I dunno.  I think we have the best chance in years to make the tourney this year.  I think we're better this year than last year.  And if we hit on any of the incoming freshmen we could have a big year.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, tu_fan said:

I dunno.  I think we have the best chance in years to make the tourney this year.  I think we're better this year than last year.  And if we hit on any of the incoming freshmen we could have a big year.  

I agree. Talent and athleticism is there.  But the questions of will they gel and Xs & OS will remain.

Gibson and Dottin as PG's should be fine.

Allen, Holland, Timberlake, Zane at the 2/3

Mims at the 3

Gray/Solomon at 4

Victor/Chuck at 5

Anything from the freshmen would be icing at that point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I agree. Talent and athleticism is there.  But the questions of will they gel and Xs & OS will remain.

Gibson and Dottin as PG's should be fine.

Allen, Holland, Timberlake, Zane at the 2/3

Mims at the 3

Gray/Solomon at 4

Victor/Chuck at 5

Anything from the freshmen would be icing at that point. 

Don’t forget Cam Allen at the point. 

Freshmen won’t play much unless there are injuries.