• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Revisiting 4th and 29

One of the greatest plays ever made by a Towson football player.  That team will forever have my appreciation and respect.  The ODU fans were classless.  They were throwing change at our players all game.

• Like 1

Really well done by Ben and TSN. I remember that play and then the highlight of MW running down the sidelines. Beltre was the anchor and the guy that gave the team that confidence. That they could do it. Ryan and Enders were underrated players and we'll never now what we could have had if Enders was eligible in the 2013 season.

That play (and game) is one of my top three TU football memories. The miracle comeback against Northeastern (on an untimed down with the clock expired) in '92, the near-miraculous 22-second drive to defeat Richmond on the final play (2007, I think), are the other two. But this one ranks highest because it was emblematic of such a special season. I love that team.

1 hour ago, TigerFan54 said:

That play (and game) is one of my top three TU football memories. The miracle comeback against Northeastern (on an untimed down with the clock expired) in '92, the near-miraculous 22-second drive to defeat Richmond on the final play (2007, I think), are the other two. But this one ranks highest because it was emblematic of such a special season. I love that team.

Tony Vinson’s one-yard plunge against Delaware in 1993, Frazier’s rushing TD against Eastern Washington, T-West’s incredible 2-yard run in the same game. A lot of West and Vinson memories and highlights. I would add that Flacco hurdle to the end zone as well against The Citadel was the most athletic play from a Towson quarterback I’ve ever seen.

I paid $5, if I recall correctly, to watch the game on the ODU website.  My kids had company at the house, and here's dear ol dad jumping up and down yelling "Holy $h!t".

I was at the game in Delaware (I guess it was 93) when we beat them. I don't remember the details, but I do remember that was an epic, back and forth game 

• Like 2