• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

A non-conference game?

I think they will play three games in the Mohegan Sun, a few local games and a few A-10/MAC/MAAC games. Something close by. Possibly three to four home games, but obviously no crowd.

I wonder if that will be like the Ivy League where they play Friday-Saturday and you could do a JMU at Towson, Elon at W&M on Friday and then JMU-W&M, Elon-Towson on Saturday.  I can't imagine how that's going to work with game times because the ideal situation would be afternoon game on the first day and then night game on the second but they wouldn't play on a Friday afternoon or a Sunday night (though TV would love that idea!!).

12 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I wonder if that will be like the Ivy League where they play Friday-Saturday and you could do a JMU at Towson, Elon at W&M on Friday and then JMU-W&M, Elon-Towson on Saturday.  I can't imagine how that's going to work with game times because the ideal situation would be afternoon game on the first day and then night game on the second but they wouldn't play on a Friday afternoon or a Sunday night (though TV would love that idea!!).

That's pretty similar to what they have now, Thurs-Sat with travel partners.  If you do back to back days, you are going from 3 nights in a hotel to 2.  An afternoon Saturday game (12pm-1pm), and then a late game Sunday would seemingly work and hardly effect missed classes.

Are they talking back to back at the same location, as 4 team round robin at one teams home gym??

IMHO, what they are saying is that one weekend Towson will play @ JMU twice on say Friday and Saturday. The next week will be two home games on Friday and Saturday against Elon.

So instead of each team home and away, we'll play 4 teams at home twice, 4 teams away twice and maybe one team home and home. 

Does that make sense? Would cut down on travel and exposure.

Edited by El Tigre Oro

12 hours ago, El Tigre Oro said:

IMHO, what they are saying is that one weekend Towson will play @ JMU twice on say Friday and Saturday. The next week will be two home games on Friday and Saturday against Elon.

So instead of each team home and away, we'll play 4 teams at home twice, 4 teams away twice and maybe one team home and home. 

Does that make sense? Would cut down on travel and exposure.

Ahhh. That makes sense. Strange, but we are in strange times.