• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

New conference schedule

Very interesting. Kudos for CAA for getting this out quickly.  Would have liked Charleston to have been at home, since we always play bad in that arena (against them or not). This is going to show a lot about the coaching staffs and how they can make adjustments quickly. 

So i understand the travel partner in a normal season but why does that matter this year? basically, you just have two teams from a similar location playing two teams from another similar location but the paths never cross.

ex: we play at Elon while jmu (our partner) is at UNCW

home games are not going to matter (no way fans get let in) so who cares if we play our travel partner both home and away.

21 minutes ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

So i understand the travel partner in a normal season but why does that matter this year? basically, you just have two teams from a similar location playing two teams from another similar location but the paths never cross.

ex: we play at Elon while jmu (our partner) is at UNCW

home games are not going to matter (no way fans get let in) so who cares if we play our travel partner both home and away.

Not sure what you are getting at. Travel partners this year are just for the "last two games" 10 teams, 18 games, If they went 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 all the way, some teams would have 8 home games and 10 away and others 10 and 8, which wouldn't be fair. Yes, home games matter, even with no fans.

Charleston, UNCW and Elon could all likely have fans. Would think JMU would push the state for some as they have the new arena. The NE schools govts won't allow

It’s entirely possible a limited number of fans, say, 25% of capacity, will be allowed at SECU by the time conference play starts in January. I would think that’s not going to be a TU decision in any event, but more so TU following whatever the Baltimore County & State guidelines are at the time. 

Even if a limited number of fans are permitted, it remains to be seen how many would actually opt to attend. I’m a season ticket holder & I have serious reservations about attending. To be honest, I don’t want to be anywhere near students, although there won’t be any students on campus until the end of January, assuming there’s an in person spring semester 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

It’s entirely possible a limited number of fans, say, 25% of capacity, will be allowed at SECU by the time conference play starts in January. I would think that’s not going to be a TU decision in any event, but more so TU following whatever the Baltimore County & State guidelines are at the time. 

Even if a limited number of fans are permitted, it remains to be seen how many would actually opt to attend. I’m a season ticket holder & I have serious reservations about attending. To be honest, I don’t want to be anywhere near students, although there won’t be any students on campus until the end of January, assuming there’s an in person spring semester 

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2020/10/14/coronavirus-latest-towson-university-to-continue-85-of-virtual-learning-for-spring-semester/

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

25% of the capacity would be 1,300.  We would love for that under normal circumstances (sad but true)

I am too, but I would go. However for the school, it just seems more of a headache then its worth, ticket takers, SAFE, concessions, etc. 

Maybe COVID-19 is a conspiracy done by FLO sports to get more subscribers...

On 10/16/2020 at 1:22 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

Not sure what you are getting at. Travel partners this year are just for the "last two games" 10 teams, 18 games, If they went 2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2 all the way, some teams would have 8 home games and 10 away and others 10 and 8, which wouldn't be fair. Yes, home games matter, even with no fans.

Charleston, UNCW and Elon could all likely have fans. Would think JMU would push the state for some as they have the new arena. The NE schools govts won't allow

Yeah I guess I just don't mind some schools having 10 vs 8 home games. It's also not "fair" that you might get one school back to back early in the season before they improve or a top school later in the season after a some big injury. The schedule is already clearly not balanced with the back to backs or what teams you get at home twice vs away. Just minimize the travel more and ban fans league-wide.

I think it's stupid to even consider fans at all. Have we learned nothing from outbreaks at events and college kids being wreckless AF?