• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

No Spring Football

2 minutes ago, Blk&goldfan said:

You make a good point. Covid  isn’t going away anytime soon so it will be interesting to see how it plays out. I sure hope we aren’t the only ones to opt out. 
Early on it was obvious RA didn’t want to play a spring season and I do get his point although I was hoping for some sort of normalcy and to be able  to watch some games. 
On another note, I heard Miller is the #1 QB right now. I’d be interested to hear your commentary if your able to get to any fall practices. 

There's no chance of me seeing football practice this fall. Maybe in the spring, assuming they practice. I'm just hoping to see some hoops games live with a mask. I know this is COVID-related, but it really is all about injuries now or trying to prevent them. As well as preserving those two games in 2021. They could have played in the fall, if the CAA allowed it. I mean, it would have been tough, but we had it set up pretty well with testing and most students are were not on campus-but it's a moot point.

If Miller is No. 1, it's by default. Amendola just got there and Stover is gone. I assume Miller would have gotten the nod in the spring, but he's iffy in bad weather coming from California. You know you're going to see some bad weather in March and that's another reason why playing spring football is not the most sane idea.

It's interesting to see the comments under their Tweet by Athletics. People just see the headlines and don't read the story. This was not a political idea made by the President. Sports will still continue at Towson, just not this particular one. This sounded more like an RA move supported by TL or maybe even proposed by the team. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mat1992 said:

There's no chance of me seeing football practice this fall. Maybe in the spring, assuming they practice. I'm just hoping to see some hoops games live with a mask. I know this is COVID-related, but it really is all about injuries now or trying to prevent them. As well as preserving those two games in 2021. They could have played in the fall, if the CAA allowed it. I mean, it would have been tough, but we had it set up pretty well with testing and most students are were not on campus-but it's a moot point.

If Miller is No. 1, it's by default. Amendola just got there and Stover is gone. I assume Miller would have gotten the nod in the spring, but he's iffy in bad weather coming from California. You know you're going to see some bad weather in March and that's another reason why playing spring football is not the most sane idea.

It's interesting to see the comments under their Tweet by Athletics. People just see the headlines and don't read the story. This was not a political idea made by the President. Sports will still continue at Towson, just not this particular one. This sounded more like an RA move supported by TL or maybe even proposed by the team. 

From the beginning Rob wasn’t for a spring season. Which is something I actually agree with.  6 games. Smaller playoff. What’s the point??

This seems like it was done more as a 6 games ending in May and then summer practice shortly after would be too close together (it is for a physical sport), rather than Covid concerns and testing, etc. With our dearth of talent on the roster and history of injuries, it’s probably a good idea to punt on this spring season. 

jmu will play. Delaware will play. Elon will play. Unh may. After that, there’s some questions. 

if the players were on board with this decision than it even makes more sense to get behind this. If this was an 8-10 game season then sure but why waste even more money by playing 6 games?!

• Like 2

Not sure everybody saw the video. Again, I think if we don't have all those injuries and with most of them back, that surely led to most of the players not wanting to play. I guess.

I not surprised by this at all. I'm not going to care about football in the spring and I don't care about the power 5 or nfl now. Sports are not the same during covid and w/o fans (and no way should fans be in attendance at all). I lost interest very quickly in covid time sports after the first bubble NHL and NBA games. Sorry..zoom cut ins and cardboard cuts out just don't do it for me even on TV. I'm also not going to risk dying to see sports live.

As much as I want the NDSU game to be a packed, crazy stadium we have to seriously wonder if that is even going to happen at this point.

While I would much rather have football, doesn't the University save a boat load of money by not having a 2020 (or 2021 spring) season?  It's not like the football team brings in all this revenue where its paying for other sports.  From everything I understand the program operates in the red as it is.  No travel, no gameday operations, promotions, etc. would save the athletic department.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, griggey20 said:

While I would much rather have football, doesn't the University save a boat load of money by not having a 2020 (or 2021 spring) season?  It's not like the football team brings in all this revenue where its paying for other sports.  From everything I understand the program operates in the red as it is.  No travel, no gameday operations, promotions, etc. would save the athletic department.  

Yup. Not to mention the money saved on the more frequent testing. 

• Like 1