• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

"Bubbleville" set for Nov. 25-27

I don't know how a coach can prepare for this garbage. First St. Bonny's. Then San Francisco. Now UMass-Lowell. No Rhode Island. I guess the same thing could have happened had we played a somewhat local game. Nobody knew it was going to be this bad? Isn't that what most of the experts were saying? San Francisco is flying across the country to play in this? WTF? Not sure what Dan Gavitt was thinking two months ago or whenever they decided this.

I've said it numerous times. Every school should have played teams within 2-3 hours at the most. If they have COVID issues, you cancel it. Maybe play another team locally that had their game canceled. I get the rationale behind playing 25-27 games, but everybody is converging on Connecticut? At this time? I thought Pitino was crazy and self-serving to start the season in March. Now I hear the officials could have issues with the testing. I know Jeff has been Debbie Downer in this situation, but he has a point. Maybe Pitino does though I think if you did the local angle, it would make more sense. Push the season ahead a month if most teams can't play enough games.

3 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Wow.  Can we just head home now. Things change with all of this but this is ridiculous. We don’t get San Fran and they get uva. We get some directional school. Bs

At this point, I'll take whoever we can get.  SFA and Buffalo are still decent games.  Lowell could be a good startup out of the gate to get our feet wet.  But hell, these matchups could still change again.  Makes for a rough way to try to prepare but this season, just gonna have to go with it.

What I'd like to know is what a lot of these teams and especially coaches (Boeheim, Izzo, Drew, Krystkowiak, Barnes) are doing that is exposing them to the virus.  With all this news coming out in the last week or so, it doesn't feel like the protocols are as stringent or being followed as well as football.  Yes, football has had their issues with a boatload of games getting dropped in the last month.  And maybe it's magnified because a player or coach gets it in basketball, the rule is the program is shut down for 2 weeks.  That's certainly going to make for fun scheduling.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

At this point, I'll take whoever we can get.  SFA and Buffalo are still decent games.  Lowell could be a good startup out of the gate to get our feet wet.  But hell, these matchups could still change again.  Makes for a rough way to try to prepare but this season, just gonna have to go with it.

What I'd like to know is what a lot of these teams and especially coaches (Boeheim, Izzo, Drew, Krystkowiak, Barnes) are doing that is exposing them to the virus.  With all this news coming out in the last week or so, it doesn't feel like the protocols are as stringent or being followed as well as football.  Yes, football has had their issues with a boatload of games getting dropped in the last month.  And maybe it's magnified because a player or coach gets it in basketball, the rule is the program is shut down for 2 weeks.  That's certainly going to make for fun scheduling.

Yeah I get it. I just want to see us play games. But the teams changing and times is just crazy so close to tip. I can imagine mr control freak is losing his mind!

Bubbleville should just have a posting at Mohegan Sun.  "Once all the test comeback later today we will place all the teams testing negative into a hat.  Starting Wednesday morning we will pull two teams out of a hat 2 hours prior to the first schedule game.  Once that game tips off we will pick two more teams out of a hat and so on until all available teams play.  We will then do the same process throughout the rest of the scheduled days here in the Nutmeg State."

Kind not a bad idea that way every team will have no idea who tp prepare for and each team will be at a disadvantage that way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Bubbleville should just have a posting at Mohegan Sun.  "Once all the test comeback later today we will place all the teams testing negative into a hat.  Starting Wednesday morning we will pull two teams out of a hat 2 hours prior to the first schedule game.  Once that game tips off we will pick two more teams out of a hat and so on until all available teams play.  We will then do the same process throughout the rest of the scheduled days here in the Nutmeg State."

Kind not a bad idea that way every team will have no idea who tp prepare for and each team will be at a disadvantage that way.

SFA positive