• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Virginia Thread

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

The worst is getting nothing offensively from your post play again. Gray, Solly, Thompson and Victor need to score occasionally. I don't it's just the opponent.

Serious, why don’t we run a traditional  pick and roll?  The slip by Thompson late was nice and he finished.  Our bigs don’t have post moves and can’t finish. Except for JD no one else has finished in the post consistently.  Need more movement and use of athleticism.  We won’t because pat is stuck in his .500 ways 

Stats can lie a lot.  If you had told me coming into this game that we'd shoot 37% from the field, go 7-16 from the 3-point line, 11-14 from the free throw line, have only 10 turnovers, and only get outrebounded by 8 and said, I'll give you Towson +25, I'd have figured I was going to make a lot of cash.  So from a stats perspective, it's not awful.  But wow, the old defensive flaw of not recognizing shooters really popped up today.  Giving up 15 3's is really really terrible and this has been a problem in the past few years.  As said earlier, the play by the bigs leaves a lot to be desired but, hey, Virginia is a number of steps above class. The next two games will hopefully give us a better gauge.

6 minutes ago, RundaPower said:

Bieku looks to be 230+

Not sure he knows how to play yet, but if Solly and Gray struggle, we could see more of him. I think Solly will be better against smaller teams. He's not posting up and rebounding much against them.

USF tomorrow.  If Victor struggles against Jurkatamm & Kane inside then yes we are in trouble. 

USF loves to shoot the 3 so we gotta make them uncomfortable and bounce it.  

One positive going forward...  we have depth.  If you aren’t playing good then you are sitting. Earn those minutes. 

We should be fine tomorrow.  Dug a hole early today and you know how it is when you are playing catch up. 

Aww, the new season of Skerry ball starts out as expected. Let's keep the streak going! LOL. But seriously, the HOOS are a grade above but some of the issues other posters have stated have been going on for years. What happened to the savior Zane with only 6 pts? Not signed up for Flosports since it was crap last year...

• Like 1

Tough draw against the toughest defense in the country. Don’t get too low on this one, just like I recommend don’t get too high on a few win streak either. Usually we’re never as good or as bad as we think. Lots of basketball left to still be played

37 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

USF tomorrow.  If Victor struggles against Jurkatamm & Kane inside then yes we are in trouble. 

USF loves to shoot the 3 so we gotta make them uncomfortable and bounce it.  

One positive going forward...  we have depth.  If you aren’t playing good then you are sitting. Earn those minutes. 

We should be fine tomorrow.  Dug a hole early today and you know how it is when you are playing catch up. 

Or we over rotate and help off the wrong guy. That’s more likely as it’s been that way for years. That and awful finishing inside with or without contact.  
9-10 guys deep. Need to push it and get cheap easy buckets. For a team that doesn’t have skill offensively and a pg this is a must