• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

RIP Phil Albert

Absolute class act. Went through the worst things imaginable as a head coach in 1990 when the program was cut and then saved. Coach A returned years later to become an offensive coordinator for Gordy Combs. Thoughts to this family, Gordy, Coach Bader and those men he coached and influenced. 

Those who have Coach A stories, please share them,

36 minutes ago, Ghost of andy7171 said:

Very sad news this morning.  He was a great man.  I'm a better person for having had him in my life.

Program was never cut.  STF!

It was cut and then saved obviously. Bad wording on my part. Taken down to a non- scholarship program for those who don’t know. I know you played and I just covered it. Still coached under very trying circumstances at 1-AA level when we had about 2/3 of the max scholarships at the time.

But will be remembered as a coach for Air Albert and a very innovative offense in the 70s and 80s.

While I was at Towson (1992-1996) he was my faculty advisor and had him as my professor for Coaching 101 or whatever the class was called.

At the time he was also working as an advanced scout for Bobby Beathard with the Chargers. While he had no idea of what classes I needed to graduate, we just sat in his office and he told me all of these great old stories about Dave Meggett, Sean Landeta and others.

RIP!

3 hours ago, El Tigre Oro said:

While I was at Towson (1992-1996) he was my faculty advisor. While he had no idea of what classes I needed to graduate, we just sat in his office and he told me all of these great old stories about Dave Meggett, Sean Landeta and others.

RIP!

RIP. 

And lol. I don’t know if any TU advisors know what classes and credits you need to graduate!