• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

GMU thread

1 minute ago, tu_fan said:

It's unbelievable.  Each year I get excited about our potential and each year reality blindsides me.  The stats don't lie, we are always dead last in assists, all skerry talks about it defense and rebounding, and we have athletes, but shackle them to a half-court game where we don't leverage their athleticism.  Why would a competent player come here?  

Thank you!  I fall for it too! Have every year since 08. But with a 7 foot top 150 recruit eligible. Zane back. Grad transfers and such a veteran team, why wouldn’t you be excited?! Oh wait, I know, that little guy on the sideline 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Will this team win 4 games?!  Most caa teams are rebuilding but that still means they are better and run more competently than this program.  

I think we will sweep William and Mary, but that's probably it.  Unreal.  And think if Zane didn't fall in our laps late - I think we'd go winless without him.  Even JMU, where pretty much the entire team left, looks light years better than us.  

“Another 2 possession game, you know a bounce here or there and we win it. Maybe if guarded better and defended their better players we come back with a win. Back to the drawing board”

We all can acknowledge it’s a small sample size. We all can acknowledge that covid has wreaked havoc with the practice and game schedule. We all can acknowledge that we’re playing without Curtis Holland, & Gibson didn’t play today (and ZM got hurt). Having said all that, there’s no way to sugarcoat the fact that the early returns are woeful. Can’t win with Timberlake & ZM combining for 6-23 shooting; can’t win with 4-14 from 3. And while I hope I’m wrong, so far Victor is showing why he couldn’t get off the bench at USC. I don’t believe he will be anything more than a marginal contributor on offense, at best. And I’m not even sure he’ll be a consistent force on D 

2 more games before CAA play.  Maybe watching the NBA on the SECU Jumbotron  Christmas Day will help motivate these guys. 
Ok I’m a smart ass...  Towson State 96’..  I earned it. 

1 win in his first season and I’m sure it will never happen but can you imagine 1 win in his 10th season!

Pat says all the right things but he has picked up guys from lower tier schools or guys who had no impact at other mid majors.  If these two brothers are a bust up front then this will really set us back yet again.  

Time will tell..   0-4 during Covid...  check the box today...  analytics geeks are salivating at what Towson continues to do wrong.   

On to Coppin and all that shooting from beyond the arc shooting.  

Edited by Bay Area Tiger