• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

GMU thread

The effects of covid aside, what we’ve seen so far in the 1st 4 games is a microcosm of the Skerry era-a team that can’t shoot in general, and can’t shoot from 3 in particular. The coaching philosophy of “our best offensive play is a missed shot (so we can crash the boards) and hard nosed D has proven not to work. More to the point, it works splendidly against lousy and middling opponents, but is a proven failure against good teams. 

Again, a small sample size, but so far it appears Skerry swung & missed on all 3 transfers (Victor, Allen and Mims)

Ok, had to pick something up. First off, I'm just happy there's basketball. You guys can rail about the program, I just feel it's nice to see some ball. Hopefully, we play Saturday. I assume I will be able to finally see a live game with a mask, but you never know with Towson.

As far as Pat not doing the postgame, he was in the locker room for awhile, came out and the broadcast had ended. So he was there to do the postgame, but the broadcast ended a bit quickly.

Not sure about Zane playing Saturday and Gibson seems to be iffy with an injury, not an illness. Same with Holland. Not sure when and if we will see him this season. I'll try and find out more on Saturday.

We can talk about every negative thing in the world because this was an utterly terrible basketball game and our effort on the boards was unlike any Towson team I've seen under Skerry. You could say the same thing in Bubbleville. But I do like to see more Mims. I'm not sure about Timberlake at the 3, because he can't really take bigger players off the dribble. But in the second half, due to Zane's injury, he played more at the 2 and he scored. I'd rather see him at the 2, Mims at the 3 and Zane at the 1. 

Bigs are not playing big right now. That's the major problem. Not going to dissect each one but those who have watched the first four games or parts of them, know what I mean. Thompson is the only one who has flashed something and I'd like to see more of Bieku.

• Thanks 1