• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB faces Iona and Morgan State this week

I’ll probably get bashed for expressing this view, but perhaps we should throw in the towel on the 20-21 MBB season. This is our 2nd pause, and we’re not even to January. Past history is no guarantee of future performance, but recent events (2nd pause already) suggests there will be more positives going forward. While I was looking forward as much as anyone to having this season as a much needed diversion, there comes a point where reality (and covid) rears its ugly head. Perhaps we’re at that point 

Edited by TSU88

20 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’ll probably get bashed for expressing this view, but perhaps we should throw in the towel on the 20-21 MBB season. This is our 2nd pause, and we’re not even to January. Past history is no guarantee of future performance, but recent events (2nd pause already) suggests there will be more positives going forward. While I was looking forward as much as anyone to having this season as a much needed diversion, there comes a point where reality (and covid) rears its ugly head. Perhaps we’re at that point 

Yeah just cancel it. 6 games, 4 in conference are now postponed. Team isn’t very good, they don’t seem like they want to be there.  Shut it down and start again next fall

I would say one more pause and we may have to shut down, but I don’t believe we should shut down for two weeks due to one player testing positive. Quarantine the person and move on, but rules are rules so.

Also not a good look to cancel football and men’s basketball in same season when almost everyone else is playing. About 95% of college basketball teams are playing right now. Many have had pauses and some have had two.

• Like 1