• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

CAA Tournament moving to JMU

Cost saving measure?  No fans at either, so it doesn’t really matter much. But not sure how this is “safer” for the teams. 

they should just give home court to whatever team can play the most conference games

I don’t know if it’s cost saving, but apparently just a one year deal. First time playing on a campus in 35 years, though Richmond was in VCUs backyard. He guess we should be thankful if we can get all 10 teams participating.

11 hours ago, mat1992 said:

I don’t know if it’s cost saving, but apparently just a one year deal. First time playing on a campus in 35 years, though Richmond was in VCUs backyard. He guess we should be thankful if we can get all 10 teams participating.

It has to be somehow, otherwise why would they do it? It’s not like it was in Charleston or Boston where 8 of the 10 teams would have far travel. 

Without fans it doesn’t really matter but I can see this being  the future of the CAA after the Washington deal ends. As much as I like the neutral site and weekend away, dwindling crowds, geographic diverse conference and bad teams doesn’t make much sense anymore. 

Amen to that. Gonna be interesting to see how many games teams play and how seeding is determined.  

4 hours ago, Blounge said:

Maybe they were afraid of the political turmoil in DC and that's why they made the switch

I’m guessing this decision was made well before that happened on Jan. 5.

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I’m guessing this decision was made well before that happened on Jan. 5.

And while I’m guessing the teams would be staying downtown dc, the ESA is far away from it, and frankly it is far from everything.