• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to JMU 81-72 (story up)

Walden was a Pat Kennedy recruit....He's from here in Richmond....Smart kid, but he had no other D1 offers, despite playing for a good school that was heavily scouted (Justin Coleman, a 4 star recruit who signed with Louisville was on that team)....Walden transferred to Delware State, then I think he may have went D2.....

It's utterly pathetic that Walden has been the number 1 assist man under Skerry's 10 years.  That says it all.  

Can Spiro, or anyone start to question PS about the Tigers ALWAYS being in the bottom 10% of D1 schools in assists year in / year out?  If the administration won't question it, perhaps someone else that has his ear can....

2012, stop the personal attacks .  It adds nothing to the conversation and makes you sound like a 12 year old! 

My concern is that this team looks totally unprepared.  I meanbasic fundamentbasketball is not there.  

• Haha 1

As always I appreciate all the insights...  ultimately it comes down to recruiting and you need some luck at times but the better coaches tend to pick the right guys and when injuries occur they have other recruits that step right in.  
Saint Mary’s is a perfect example..  Randy Bennett and then Kyle Smith now at Washington State and Todd Golden here at USF..  they build tremendous cultures and they develop their recruits.  
I like Pat and I understand how tough Covid has been on his program this season.  
Cam Allen came over from Bakersfield and Holland from High Point..  we kinda knew what we were getting. 

I watched BYU last night and Mark Pope in his second season brought in a grad transfer from Purdue and “3” transfer from his Utah Valley squad..  all new faces and yet winning.  

Need new a direction..  have to eat this money.   Not saying we land a Juwan Howard but we need a fresh face with new ideas and we are in a major city with no NBA team and a brand new Arena... 

The impact of losing a Juwan Gray (much respect to him) kinda says it all about the PS Era of Towson Basketball.   Pat has served and is counted..  We need a new direction and if other mid major programs can do it then why can’t we. 

• Like 2