• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to JMU 81-72 (story up)

Just now, El Tigre Oro said:

They’ve final broken me, as someone who used to read the boards every day, I have lost interest in this team. Don’t see any light at the end of the  tunnel.

Here in lies the problem; watching this team is such a joyless endeavor that it’s hard to even generate anger/frustration with such a patently un-entertaining product 

This season (like everything since March) is a lost cause and I'm not judging anyone based on what's happening.  We have a bunch of new players and 2 pauses b/c of COVID.

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

Well Said 88.......

Lets have some fun with stats:

- We are 303rd in the nation (out of 338) in 3 point shooting as 29%

- We are 335th (out of 338) in assists at 9 a game

- We are 329th in assist / turnover ration

It's like this each year under Skerry.  Just once can we have a team that can shoot 40%+ from 3?  Be in the top 1/2 in assists?  We won the rebounding battle tonight though, so I guess Skerry is satisfied.  Oh yeah, and it appears he whiffed again on another recruiting class.  No CAA all-rookie team members to be found, yet again....

When is PS contract up?  

131–123 after today.   But somewhere along the line the AD felt he deserved an 8. Yes 8! year f’ing extension. https://towsontigers.com/news/2017/12/19/mens-basketball-skerry-signs-contract-extension.aspx

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

As pathetic as PK was, his offense was light years better than Skerry's.  I think Skerry is the worst offensive coach in all of D1 - the stats bear this out.  Oh yeah, we are 310th in turnover margin too, despite having some athletes.   

Pk won some games in March (against better teams). It’s been almost half a decade since skerry has won a CAAT game (he has just 2)

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Pat Skerry should be fired. This is unacceptable. Offense has been miserable to watch

Yup. If they ran offense and just sucked that wild be one thing. The just suck. Don’t get to the line anymore either. Start the excuses from the pat butt kissers 😚..

2 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

This season (like everything since March) is a lost cause and I'm not judging anyone based on what's happening.  We have a bunch of new players and 2 pauses b/c of COVID.

Every team in the caa has new players. Next excuse ..

2 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Year in and year out we don’t take enough 3’s, don’t make enough 3’s & don’t dish out enough assists. And there’s no accountability for this dreck. It’s like the Hofstra coach said last season-our best offensive play is a missed shot 

Hofstra is playing without their HC right now. We should be so lucky.  Might actually win a game without pat there.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Hofstra is playing without their HC right now. We should be so lucky.  Might actually win a game without pat there.

True, they are doing great now. 

1 hour ago, Blounge said:

Pat Skerry should be fired. This is unacceptable. Offense has been miserable to watch

Are you going to buy him out? And did you really think they were going to win a game after playing 2 games in 50 days without their best player(s)? But sure, I'm giving excuses. I'm just smooching Pat's butt. I'm sure that JMU would be great without Matt Lewis. I do like Byington though. At least he's an improvement.

https://www.wmar2news.com/sports/towson-university-head-mens-basketball-coach-agree-to-8-year-contract-extension-#:~:text=Facebook-,Towson University %26 head men's basketball coach Pat Skerry,to 8-year contract extension&text=Towson University and head men's,is for another eight years.

7 minutes ago, BK_Brian said:

We have a new winner in the rationalization contest. This is not a personal dig at the poster, but this doesn’t fly with me.  Many teams have new players and have been on pause. Sure, those issues can’t be discounted, but let’s face it, the real problems are a coaching staff that brought in 2 non-impact transfers (Allen & Victor) & failed to bring in an impact freshman. As far as this season goes, it’s really 3 non-impact transfers (Holland) and let’s call it like it is-really a 4th non-impact transfer, at least so far, in ZM. 

And forget this crop for a minute. I’m still waiting, after 10 years or so, for a PG. 

• Like 1

The “covid pauses + new players” argument might resonate more if we weren’t witnessing another season of subpar shooting in general and in particular from 3, coupled with the usual low number of assists. Running the shot clock down & then chucking up a brick isn’t a recipe for success. I’ve seen this movie before and I know how it ends