• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

UNCW preview

Skerry's opening comments

"Really proud of our guys. We're not there yet. They've worked hard. We have to have patience with these guys. That's the first time we've been on the court other than Juwan since Nov. 21 (means Gibson and everybody but Holland). UNCW is a good club. It's tough to beat a team shooting 1 for 14 from 3. We have good shooters. I did like the way we guarded. Second half did a better job of taking care of the ball. "

On Sims

We have to do a better job tomorrow keeping them off the foul line. (Comments about outstanding officiating crew).

On back-to-back

"I hope he doesn't make any adjustments and will allow us to win. But seriously, hard to go through this. We'll have a 9am film and walk-through. I think our depth will help us tomorrow. They like to press and switch a lot. Hopefully that hurts their legs."

On points in the paint (from Chuck)

"We didn't take care of the ball well early. The key for us until we start making shots is to take care of the ball. We can rebound and drive. The next piece is that they make the game choppy. We have to drive the switch or post the swtich. When they come, we need to find Jason or Nick for those open shots. We have to get them rhythm and time."

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Going forward.   I want Chuck and Spiro for seasons to come.   Nice combo!   Miss Vince of course. 

I doubt they pay much. I would do it basically for nothing if Chuck wasn't available.