• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB holds on to defeat UNCW 78-74

28 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I want to see more touches for Charles and Solly cause we need one or both of them to emerge as a second scorer this season and then we are in much better shape for next season if that makes sense.  

Against small teams(uncw) they can be great and bully them but both have struggled in the past against bigger teams. It’s also on the guards to feed them when they are open, which they have been the last two days. But selfish play usually trumps making the pass. 

Did they change the rules on turnovers getting 20 seconds on SC?  I know offensive rebounds you get 20 now, but there were a few times they reset the clock to 20, not 30

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Against small teams(uncw) they can be great and bully them but both have struggled in the past against bigger teams. It’s also on the guards to feed them when they are open, which they have been the last two days. But selfish play usually trumps making the pass. 

Did they change the rules on turnovers getting 20 seconds on SC?  I know offensive rebounds you get 20 now, but there were a few times they reset the clock to 20, not 30

If the offensive team is getting the ball in their front court the shot clock is at 20.  

• Thanks 1

That Mims dunk was nice. I was saying in that chat that he laid it up a little soft in the first half on a finger roll attempt. They must have told him that because he didn't lay it up soft in the second.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/college/basketball/bs-sp-bkc-uncw-towson-men-20210119-dcivpkncgng2rgkk46s5zctqza-story.html

Here are some quotes from the Sun for those who can't get it.

“Demetrius’ dunk, I felt like, propelled us over the top right there,” said sophomore power forward Charles Thompson, who contributed 17 points, six rebounds and two blocks. “I’ve never seen the whole bench [react that way]. Even Wan [redshirt senior small forward Juwan Gray] who is down with his injury [a torn left Achilles tendon], even Wan was wheeling around on the sideline. It was just great. It brought everybody together. Everybody on the sideline was energized and focused and locked in. It really boosted our momentum.”

PS 

“I thought we were a little bit lifeless, and we haven’t been together much,” he said, alluding to two coronavirus-induced halts in December. “So I’m still trying to figure out how to get this team to have that type of killer instinct all the time. We’re still trying to put roles together and energy and chemistry with pauses and injuries and everything else. Hopefully, this gives us a little life, and we can build off of it.”

On Gibson and Solomon techs.

“I didn’t see what happened,” Skerry said. “If we kicked a guy, we can’t do that. Whether or not a foul should have been called earlier, we can’t do that.”

“That’s Towson brand basketball – defense, rebounding and toughness,” he said. “If we have to get three stops in a row to win a game, that’s what we’re going to be able to do every time we go out there. The CAA’s going to be a dogfight. I feel like that will help us over time.”

“I’ll say it was easier because we knew what to expect,” Zane Martin said. “We knew that they were going to give us their best shot because we beat them yesterday. We just wanted to come out and perform and execute like Coach wanted.”

Siddle seemed to indicate that Sims’ benching was not accidental.

“I have a standard, an expectation of the way we should play, and I felt like the unit that we had out there did a great job,” he said. “They put us in a position to tie the game up and take us into overtime. I’m just coaching my basketball team.”

good win(s).  Lets see if we can keep it rolling against a much stronger Hofstra team.  Also, I'd like our brand to be 3 point shooting in addition to defense, rebounding and toughness.  the last 3 will only take us so far....

I don't fault Solly or Gibson for those T's.  Gibson got kicked in the face (inadvertently), so how can you blame him for throwing that guys foot off of him.  

Solly has looked good all year.  He and Charles Thompson were really good recruits (held good offers).  Wish Skerry could pull in similar high profile recruits at guard - then we would be onto something.....

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

good win(s).  Lets see if we can keep it rolling against a much stronger Hofstra team.  Also, I'd like our brand to be 3 point shooting in addition to defense, rebounding and toughness.  the last 3 will only take us so far....

I don't fault Solly or Gibson for those T's.  Gibson got kicked in the face (inadvertently), so how can you blame him for throwing that guys foot off of him.  

Solly has looked good all year.  He and Charles Thompson were really good recruits (held good offers).  Wish Skerry could pull in similar high profile recruits at guard - then we would be onto something.....

Well Zane was a good recruit and Gibby could be. I’m curious about the freshmen guards next season Gill and Hicks. Both short but can defend. Hicks is highly regarded. We need a wing who can consistently score which is obvious 

Takeaways from postgame questions..

Who doesn’t want Pat to succeed... point shaving line was funny.  He seems like a good guy and not a prick like your Rex Walters of the college basketball past. 

Zane made a great point.. you gotta create your own energy with no fans. 

CT reminds me of Tim Duncan.. his mannerisms etc.  So glad he’s only a Sophomore. 

We got a ways to go with plenty of bitching to come from all of us but need I remind you these are our Towson Tigers and we gotta support them as best we can...  they showed up big today.  

Now test negative and keep these guys healthy..