• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Fire Pat and Leonard

i'm warming to this idea.

Leonard has not unlocked the massive fundraising he was supposed to. Skerry just can't adapt, his style is slow and boring. You get upsets and have big wins as a mid-major by having lights out offensive guard play. this the UMBC UVA upset a few years ago. The UMBC kid hit like a billion threes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

Leonard has not unlocked the massive fundraising he was supposed to. Skerry just can't adapt, his style is slow and boring. You get upsets and have big wins as a mid-major by having lights out offensive guard play. this the UMBC UVA upset a few years ago. The UMBC kid hit like a billion threes

Yup. We aren’t even looking for major upsets... just an actual win or two 

On 2/11/2021 at 2:24 PM, TheGoldCrotchPiece said:

I'm annoyed we never pursued Lyles and he ended up at UMBC.  We just don't seem to care about landing folks who can score (like Walker, today)...

That’s the end result when you have a coaching staff that can’t evaluate talent (see, Victor U & Allen, just to name a few) & values “hard nosed defense” (which we don’t even have anymore) over kids who are skilled at shooting. Mix these ingredients and you get a bunch of fringe role players, while NE gets the Walkers of the world. At this point, if you were a skilled offensive player, would you want to come play here, the team where jump shots go to die?

To that point......Outside of Zane Martin, we had exactly 1 assist today.  We had 4 total counting Zane's three.  

Walker himself out-assisted our entire team....

I would suggest the paltry number of assists we get every season is to a large degree a byproduct of the fact that we never have good shooters. You can have Kevin Porter (old school Baltimore Bullets reference) passing to Skerry’s recruits and it wouldn’t make a whit of difference because most of them have been/are poor shooters. Unfortunately, his shocking inability, for over a decade now, to recruit a quality PG only makes matters worse 

1 hour ago, tu_fan said:

To that point......Outside of Zane Martin, we had exactly 1 assist today.  We had 4 total counting Zane's three.  

Walker himself out-assisted our entire team....

And that last one was with 20 seconds left.  Embarrassing

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

I would suggest the paltry number of assists we get every season is to a large degree a byproduct of the fact that we never have good shooters. You can have Kevin Porter (old school Baltimore Bullets reference) passing to Skerry’s recruits and it wouldn’t make a whit of difference because most of them have been/are poor shooters. Unfortunately, his shocking inability, for over a decade now, to recruit a quality PG only makes matters worse 

Typically yes. But we had a great offensive day, even by our paltry standards. 4 assists on 24 fgs?!

pat has recruited one alpha (JB) In his time here. Zero guards who can take over and nothing close to a point guard

I’d be curious to know what, if any, role PS even had in recruiting JB. Remember, he had several outstanding assistants when he started here. Even in the unlikely event PS was solely responsible for recruiting JB, his track record since then is abysmal (Morsell, Moto, Fobbs would be the picks of the litter, I would think)