• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to W&M in first game 84-74

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=319837

https://towsontigers.com/news/2021/1/30/towson-mens-basketball-nets-45-in-the-second-half-but-falls-to-w-m.aspx

Skerry opening comment
"Credit to W&M. We couldn't guard them. They are a heavy driving team. We just didn't do a good job of keeping them out of the lane. Shading right hand. Being active in our gaps. Being alert off the ball, guys look to find guys. We're struggling. A lot of it starts when guys don't make shots and they let that affect the other parts of their game. You hope they find other ways to impact the game. We have been able to do that when the ball doesn't go in the basket for us. We have a quick turnaround. Have to figure that out. 

On Gibson, 45pts last 2 games
"He's a good player. We need him. He missed a lot of time. He's getting healthy. We have to keep him healthy. Due to COVID protocol, we're down a few bodies due to contact tracing. We finished the year last year at 6-2 with 8 guys. Everyone has to play at a high level. It's not just making shots. Getting on the backboards. Not turning it over. Playing defense.We need a lot of guys to do that to beat anybody."

On Chris Bieku
He works really hard. He's going to be a good player. The more minutes he gets, the more confidence he gets. We couldn't guard Kucera. When you score the ball early, you get a little more confidence to shoot the ball."

On W&M compared to last year
They are more of a hard-driving team. They do a good job of getting to the foul line. They were so big last year. They have a first-team All-CAA guy in Loewe. He really guards. He's just a good player.

On second half
We played better the last 10 minutes and poorly the first 10. We made some shots and that shrunk the margin. We have to get our mentality changed as we're down a few bodies. This group, we haven't figured out how to do that when the ball doesn't get in the basket.

Gibby needs to establish himself as the alpha dog. let him control the offense where either he chooses to drive, splash threes, or dish it off. He needs to shoot more times per game. 

36 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

1 response 8 hours after, not surprised as this program is morbid . Disgraceful performance once again. 

One of the collateral consequences of this team being so awful is the risk that even the most passionate fans start to lose interest. Speaking for myself, I know I’ve become increasingly ambivalent about this team. It’s hard for me to muster any enthusiasm when I know that for the most part they’re not only going to lose most games, but that their offense is unbearable to watch 

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

One of the collateral consequences of this team being so awful is the risk that even the most passionate fans start to lose interest. Speaking for myself, I know I’ve become increasingly ambivalent about this team. It’s hard for me to muster any enthusiasm when I know that for the most part they’re not only going to lose most games, but that their offense is unbearable to watch 

I agree with you. I’ve missed 4 home games since 2008-09 and one CAAT during that time. I don’t think I’ll watch much today. It’s just depressing, watching other teams so easily defend us and get wide open looks against us.