• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston in double OT 90-88 (story up)

https://towsontigers.com/news/2021/2/6/towson-mens-basketball-battles-charleston-in-double-ot-thriller-as-martin-nets-34.aspx

Jason Gibson missed an open three at the buzzer for the win in the second overtime. Zane Martin with 34 and Charles Thompson with 20. But the Tigers chose not to foul at the end of regulation up 3 and gave up a three-pointer with one tick left. Tigers have now lost six straight and the last two games basically at the buzzer. They had leads in both and lost both.

That's six straight losses with another game at Charleston on Sunday at 1pm.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=318186

18 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Jason Gibson missed an open three at the buzzer for the win in the second overtime. Zane Martin with 34 and Charles Thompson with 20. But the Tigers chose not to foul at the end of regulation up 3 and gave up a three-pointer with one tick left. Tigers have now lost six straight and the last two games basically at the buzzer. They had leads in both and lost both.

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?id=318186

Sounds about right. Embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Sounds about right. Embarrassing. 

double OT heart-breaker.  GREAT game to watch as a bball fan, big bummer result as a tiger.  i'll be on Flo again tomorrow hoping for a win.  the live chat was fun; and gotta say; nice to be free from your negativity.  "bump"..."embarrassing"..."fire everyone"...."this kid cant play".....gosh u r a miserable pile of dog sheet.  (P.S.  we covered) 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

double OT heart-breaker.  GREAT game to watch as a bball fan, big bummer result as a tiger.  i'll be on Flo again tomorrow hoping for a win.  the live chat was fun; and gotta say; nice to be free from your negativity.  "bump"..."embarrassing"..."fire everyone"...."this kid cant play".....gosh u r a miserable pile of dog sheet.  (P.S.  we covered) 

Haha, good one.  Where did you come from?!

negativity is one thing, but the truth is another. Not many D1 players out there in black uniforms today. 

We covered? Cool what does that get us?

Where did you come from?!  well, i chatted a bit last year; enjoyed the inside scoop from matt and such.  but you and captain tulum were beyond miserable for "tiger fans", so i went away. #angryelfs

We covered? Cool what does that get us?

$100 dummy 

Let’s dispense with the name calling. We don’t have enough contributors to this board that we can afford to lose any. 

I feel TU2012’s pain; no questioning the effort today and no question that ZM today scored like the ZM we remember from his sophomore season. Also, very encouraging to see CT’s improvement this season. That being said, I’m glad someone won $100, but it’s unfortunate that the best that can be said is “we played hard” and “we covered.” As that noted philosopher Herm Edwards said, “you play to win the game.”

It's good to have other people on the boards with different opinions. I'm getting tired of rambling to just 5-10 people. Nobody is more frustrated but also immune to these types of losses than I am. I've seen it since the mid-nineties. As soon as I turned on the lacrosse game, I thought about the Maryland loss in the first round two years ago when we tried to hold the ball and gave up the game-tying goal with a second left. It's never easy to hold the ball in any sport when you have the lead, but the aggressive teams end up winning the game. Now if Zane makes a late 3 when he could/should have moved the ball out, we aren't bitching. 

At some point, in terms of game situations up 3 or up 6 or up 8, you have to do more than dribble the ball for 20 seconds and hope they foul you. The two-man game with Zane and CT and Gibby and CT were working. For Gibby, bad back and all, he's not only having a rough time shooting, but he's struggling on the other end. They are going after him and will again on Sunday. If Allen or Dottin weren't so rough on the offensive end, you could make changes. The other thing that hurt was Mims foul trouble. He picked up two fouls in the first minute of the game and I didn't think that was possible since Nakye Sanders graduated. He has to be on the floor more. His length is key and he's not a bad rebounder.

On the good side, Biekeu is getting better. He had a few nice post moves and in some way, he's smoother than CT with his back to the basket. Charles has just a little more athleticism. Unfortunately, when Solly and Victor return next week (assuming we play NE), I assume he goes back to the bench. CT will also get more of a chance to rest. The kid made two clutch foul shots down the stretch. He doesn't really have a face-up game yet and he's really been productive.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Let’s dispense with the name calling. We don’t have enough contributors to this board that we can afford to lose any. 

I feel TU2012’s pain; no questioning the effort today and no question that ZM today scored like the ZM we remember from his sophomore season. Also, very encouraging to see CT’s improvement this season. That being said, I’m glad someone won $100, but it’s unfortunate that the best that can be said is “we played hard” and “we covered.” As that noted philosopher Herm Edwards said, “you play to win the game.”

Exactly. 
I’m not all doom and gloom. 74, 74 and then 76 today.  We are scoring alittle better which helps keep us in games.  Thompson has been a positive but 5 rebounds today is disappointing. 
the back court has been awful all year.

fine...guilty...you are right....i'll do better.    this year stinks so far, but its all bananas via covid.  who knows.  im trying to enjoy, and tired of the miserable/old-head pricks.  I get it, you wanna cut and fire everyone.  feels like those 3 guys should just meet at da bar and have that talk, and stop posting the SAME THING.     but the pitch folks for the players and coaches when i joined this chat last year was crazy for me....like; .....seems like these tiger coaches rescued things from the absolute bottom of the barrel.  BOTTOM.  i'll sport my colors w pride, but this aint my first choice school if i could pick......win more then lose and be in the mix - aint that the idea?  i agree the lack of CAA tournament success sucks, and i wish we had more 3 pt shooters, and pressed more...and other stuff---but , get a grip.   We got  some ballerz you guys dont appreciate, especially the sophs.  And CT, Zane, Gib, U brothers , timberlake are good players....so dont pound them.   IDK.   i guess i have a diff idea what a fan is.... whatever.   i'll be watching tomorrow.....taking the points on the Tiger, and give'm on the Chiefs 

26 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

fine...guilty...you are right....i'll do better.    this year stinks so far, but its all bananas via covid.  who knows.  im trying to enjoy, and tired of the miserable/old-head pricks.  I get it, you wanna cut and fire everyone.  feels like those 3 guys should just meet at da bar and have that talk, and stop posting the SAME THING.     but the pitch folks for the players and coaches when i joined this chat last year was crazy for me....like; .....seems like these tiger coaches rescued things from the absolute bottom of the barrel.  BOTTOM.  i'll sport my colors w pride, but this aint my first choice school if i could pick......win more then lose and be in the mix - aint that the idea?  i agree the lack of CAA tournament success sucks, and i wish we had more 3 pt shooters, and pressed more...and other stuff---but , get a grip.   We got  some ballerz you guys dont appreciate, especially the sophs.  And CT, Zane, Gib, U brothers , timberlake are good players....so dont pound them.   IDK.   i guess i have a diff idea what a fan is.... whatever.   i'll be watching tomorrow.....taking the points on the Tiger, and give'm on the Chiefs 

Appreciate all the excitement for the program and the lack of doom and gloom. We need more positivity. I'm certainly an old head wishing, hoping and praying for success. But also being critical as I see it. Not sure about the Chiefs. I've gone back on forth on that pick. Hard to go against Tompa. That defense and speed going up against a backup left tackle.