• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls to Charleston in double OT 90-88 (story up)

Coaches not fouling up 3 late under 5 seconds is just plain stupid. Now with that said, the lack of basketball IQ in this program (with the exception of maybe one player) is so, that they would probably foul them in the act..  

• Haha 1

2024...  enjoy every minute of Towson University...  I miss it every single day of my life.  
You must understand that we haven’t seen a Dance since 1991 and we almost lost football for good and well they took men’s soccer away from us.   We have a beautiful arena that we all thought would entice better players to come and better teams to play in the non conference.  We’ve had players leave us although one weirdly returned.  
Keep posting and be thick skinned.  
We are in the midst of Towson Torture however my crystal ball 🔮 shows us upsetting a blue blood program in 2025 when coach Mark Prosser leads us to the Big Dance 

Edited by Bay Area Tiger
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

fine...guilty...you are right....i'll do better.    this year stinks so far, but its all bananas via covid.  who knows.  im trying to enjoy, and tired of the miserable/old-head pricks.  I get it, you wanna cut and fire everyone.  feels like those 3 guys should just meet at da bar and have that talk, and stop posting the SAME THING.     but the pitch folks for the players and coaches when i joined this chat last year was crazy for me....like; .....seems like these tiger coaches rescued things from the absolute bottom of the barrel.  BOTTOM.  i'll sport my colors w pride, but this aint my first choice school if i could pick......win more then lose and be in the mix - aint that the idea?  i agree the lack of CAA tournament success sucks, and i wish we had more 3 pt shooters, and pressed more...and other stuff---but , get a grip.   We got  some ballerz you guys dont appreciate, especially the sophs.  And CT, Zane, Gib, U brothers , timberlake are good players....so dont pound them.   IDK.   i guess i have a diff idea what a fan is.... whatever.   i'll be watching tomorrow.....taking the points on the Tiger, and give'm on the Chiefs 

There isn’t anyone on here saying that rob abs pat didn’t take their programs from the bottom to atleast being competitive.  We all are in agreement on that and they did a great job. However they NEVER took the next step. Since their two respective transfers left, their records have been well under .500.  
We want to know why long term (really long) extensions were given when they really weren’t warranted.  Were bigger programs looking to poach? No.

why is going from The laughing stock of a league to respectability, to average (being nice with that), fine expectations for Towson. Why are people ok with that for Athletics and the university as a whole?!

Delaware has hired and fired winners during PS RA campaign 

Elon has fired two bad coaches. 
WM has fired/pushed out winners. 
JMU has fired underperforming hoops coach (an alum at that)
Uncw has gone through coaches who didn’t succeed too (their first year coach is getting heat on their board.. better fans)

Pat is the second longest tenured coach in the league, to a guy whose been to the ncaa numerous times.  He is 4 games over 500 overall after 2011-12. That record is not good considering we play a weak schedule. 

Totally disagree with the sophs, Atleast the guards. They have been playing awful.

• Thanks 1

I think we all agree that PS inherited a program that was in the abyss and deserves credit for making the program respectable. He also deserves credit for graduating kids and, while I only know him in a very cursory way, he strikes me as a great family man.

OTOH, I believe he has plateaued and that the program is stagnant, at best, and is in fact regressing. I don’t believe he is a good X’s and O’s Coach (see today’s stupefying decision not to foul when up by 3 at the end). I also don’t think he’s a good recruiter or talent evaluator. Certain numbers don’t lie: he’s never won a regular season conference title and his conference tournament record is dismal. His style of play has fostered a continuing pattern of teams that simply aren’t good shooting teams and are often times unentertaining to watch. We’re not talking about a small sample size anymore of his body of work-it’s over a decade now.        

By any objective metrics, he should be replaced. Having said that, the reality of the (mind boggling) contract extension he received a few years ago is that he’s not on the hot seat; maybe if we stink again next season the seat will start getting a little warm, but I’m not even sure about that. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I think we all agree that PS inherited a program that was in the abyss and deserves credit for making the program respectable. He also deserves credit for graduating kids and, while I only know him in a very cursory way, he strikes me as a great family man.

OTOH, I believe he has plateaued and that the program is stagnant, at best, and is in fact regressing. I don’t believe he is a good X’s and O’s Coach (see today’s stupefying decision not to foul when up by 3 at the end). I also don’t think he’s a good recruiter or talent evaluator. Certain numbers don’t lie: he’s never won a regular season conference title and his conference tournament record is dismal. His style of play has fostered a continuing pattern of teams that simply aren’t good shooting teams and are often times unentertaining to watch. We’re not talking about a small sample size anymore of his body of work-it’s over a decade now.        

By any objective metrics, he should be replaced. Having said that, the reality of the (mind boggling) contract extension he received a few years ago is that he’s not on the hot seat; maybe if we stink again next season the seat will start getting a little warm, but I’m not even sure about that. 

The best post.  Everything you mentioned, is what I try and say. Granted it may not come off that way.

the absurd Extension gets me. I don’t blame pat for taking it.  He’s a bad coach and knows it  why not cash in?!  The dude hasn’t sniffed a caa title ever (caa is garbage too)  nor has he come to the realization that it’s all about guard play.

hofstra- Buie, ray, coburn 

ne- pucic Roland brace occeas

Charleston  riller chealey 

Uncw  Bryce Ingram Fleming

Uncw  Bryce Ingram Fleming ponder

ne- had some good forwards with skill, abs guards 

Add in that pat has not recruited a decent point guard in 10 years. We are still looking for someone serviceable.  We have not have a point guard average more than 2.5 assists in a season since his first season. That player... was a Kennedy recruit 😂😂😂
I thought the Franklin Morris combo was bad..

Just now, TuTigers2012 said:

The best post.  Everything you mentioned, is what I try and say. Granted it may not come off that way.

the absurd Extension gets me. I don’t blame pat for taking it.  He’s a bad coach and knows it  why not cash in?!  The dude hasn’t sniffed a caa title ever (caa is garbage too)  nor has he come to the realization that it’s all about guard play.

hofstra- Buie, ray, coburn 

ne- pucic Roland brace occeas

Charleston  riller chealey 

Uncw  Bryce Ingram Fleming

Uncw  Bryce Ingram Fleming ponder

ne- had some good forwards with skill, abs guards 

Add in that pat has not recruited a decent point guard in 10 years. We are still looking for someone serviceable.  We have not have a point guard average more than 2.5 assists in a season since his first season. That player... was a Kennedy recruit 😂😂😂
I thought the Franklin Morris combo was bad..

I think you touch on an important point, which is, in one context PS is not the villain in this piece. For all his shortcomings as a coach, he didn’t hold a gun to anyone’s head to get the contract extension, which now hangs around the collective neck of the program like an anvil. 

PS is getting paid a very handsome salary (I assume in the 400K-500K a year range) and is simply not delivering the results any reasonable person would expect. At some point (and frankly I think we’re already past this point) on-the court results have to matter.  I would like to think that the realization that he’ll never get another D1 coaching gig the way things are going would be sufficient motivation for him to finally nail down either a regular season conference title or a conference tournament championship. I suspect he knows this, and is trying his best, but unfortunately his best isn’t good enough 

6 hours ago, TTiger2024 said:

Where did you come from?!  well, i chatted a bit last year; enjoyed the inside scoop from matt and such.  but you and captain tulum were beyond miserable for "tiger fans", so i went away. #angryelfs

We covered? Cool what does that get us?

$100 dummy 

Oh wow, don't even know you kid. I've been on the chat and board for a while now and  been through the ups and downs. I was one of the few there chatting regularly pushing and cheering the team on. I'll be critical when need be but never crapped on the team generally. Get your facts straight. But hey, welcome.. lol

Could not see or follow the game.  I just looked through the Play by Play.  I am sure it was mentioned in the chat but on this thread how come no one is mentioning up four with 20 seconds to go in regulation and we foul a guy taking a three?  How bad was the foul?  Granted you do not want to give up an open look but why are we close enough to foul in that situation?  Obviusly that had a hand in how the game ended up

2 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Could not see or follow the game.  I just looked through the Play by Play.  I am sure it was mentioned in the chat but on this thread how come no one is mentioning up four with 20 seconds to go in regulation and we foul a guy taking a three?  How bad was the foul?  Granted you do not want to give up an open look but why are we close enough to foul in that situation?  Obviusly that had a hand in how the game ended up

Idk. But we foul at least 1 jump shooter a game. Most are on bad close outs. Low basketball IQ. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Blazer49 said:

Terrible call. Timberlake contested the shot and the kid kicked his leg on the follow through and hit his leg. The same thing happened to Gibson in the first overtime. Gibby tried to pull the same thing  and was called for an offensive foul.