• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Over/under on rest of season

It appears we have 6 games left: 2 apiece vs NE, Drexel & Delaware. If the line on how many games we’ll win the rest of the season were set at 1/2 (meaning the over would be 1 W) let’s see a show of hands as to who would take the over and who would take the under (the under meaning we would go 0-6 the rest of the regular season)

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

It appears we have 6 games left: 2 apiece vs NE, Drexel & Delaware. If the line on how many games we’ll win the rest of the season were set at 1/2 (meaning the over would be 1 W) let’s see a show of hands as to who would take the over and who would take the under (the under meaning we would go 0-6 the rest of the regular season)

Over. But it’s close.  We may sneak a game against drexel or Delaware. 

Our streak is alive and kicking though. 4 straight opponents win POTW..

I too will take the over, though I wouldn’t be surprised if we go 0-6. I’m not hoping we go 0-6, since there’s no lottery draft pick as a prize for doing so, but I wouldn’t be stunned if that were the case

I'll bite. I still think we win two more games. One against Drexel here, and against Delaware here. Those teams aren't very good either. Although, based on the way we handled late-game situations against William & Mary and College of Charleston I am not going to bet a lot on the over. Saying we will lose the rest of our games is a little overly negative, but obviously not out of the realm of reality either. This team is not very good, and we can't even hang our hat on the usual strengths of Skerry teams of rebounding and getting to the free-throw line a high rate.

It is pretty incredible that after 15 games we are shooting 40.8% from the field and 28.1% from three, while opponents are 44.7% from the field and 39.4%. Zane Martin, Nicholas Timberlake and Jason Gibson have shot 54 percent of our field goal attempts this year and are collectively shooting 37.8% (186-491).  

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

I'll bite. I still think we win two more games. One against Drexel here, and against Delaware here. Those teams aren't very good either. Although, based on the way we handled late-game situations against William & Mary and College of Charleston I am not going to bet a lot on the over. Saying we will lose the rest of our games is a little overly negative, but obviously not out of the realm of reality either. This team is not very good, and we can't even hang our hat on the usual strengths of Skerry teams of rebounding and getting to the free-throw line a high rate.

It is pretty incredible that after 15 games we are shooting 40.8% from the field and 28.1% from three, while opponents are 44.7% from the field and 39.4%. Zane Martin, Nicholas Timberlake and Jason Gibson have shot 54 percent of our field goal attempts this year and are collectively shooting 37.8% (186-491).  

Eh. Drexel is 3-5 and hasn’t played any of the 3 bottom feeders yet. They will have a week off before we go up there.

our shooting is atrocious. Those named players have shown nothing this year except poor shot selection 

4 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Eh. Drexel is 3-5 and hasn’t played any of the 3 bottom feeders yet. They will have a week off before we go up there.

our shooting is atrocious. Those named players have shown nothing this year except poor shot selection 

I am certainly not going to argue that we are better than anyone at this point. Not sure why, but I thought the Drexel games were at home when I first typed that. I don't think two wins out of the remaining six games is unrealistic, but it is likely best-case scenario the rest of the way (which is not good). Zero wins is obviously very possible.

Let's not pretend Drexel is some sort of insurmountable opponent. They are mediocre at best, and we are bad. It is certainly possible to win one there, just like it is possible to grab a win against Delaware. In comparison, I will be shocked if we come close to winning either game against Northeastern. As far as a I can tell, Northeastern and James Madison appear to be the only decent teams in this conference with Charleston (and maybe Delaware) hovering near decent on the right day. 

I am not sure if you are trying to argue my point that I made about those three players. My point is they have been terrible, and we are a really bad shooting team. Were you agreeing with me, or did you assume I was making excuses for them?

Zane's shot selection and decision-making have been brutal, although I thought he was pretty good on both accounts on Saturday. Even with that, he still managed to make a couple of bad decisions in key situations and Timberlake's foul on the three-point shot was the type of play teams that don't know how to win make. 

8 hours ago, Tiger93 said:

I am certainly not going to argue that we are better than anyone at this point. Not sure why, but I thought the Drexel games were at home when I first typed that. I don't think two wins out of the remaining six games is unrealistic, but it is likely best-case scenario the rest of the way (which is not good). Zero wins is obviously very possible.

Let's not pretend Drexel is some sort of insurmountable opponent. They are mediocre at best, and we are bad. It is certainly possible to win one there, just like it is possible to grab a win against Delaware. In comparison, I will be shocked if we come close to winning either game against Northeastern. As far as a I can tell, Northeastern and James Madison appear to be the only decent teams in this conference with Charleston (and maybe Delaware) hovering near decent on the right day. 

I am not sure if you are trying to argue my point that I made about those three players. My point is they have been terrible, and we are a really bad shooting team. Were you agreeing with me, or did you assume I was making excuses for them?

Zane's shot selection and decision-making have been brutal, although I thought he was pretty good on both accounts on Saturday. Even with that, he still managed to make a couple of bad decisions in key situations and Timberlake's foul on the three-point shot was the type of play teams that don't know how to win make. 

No I was agreeing with you. The 3 players have been terrible the season in every way imaginable. 
  And I’m not saying drexel is a bunch of world beaters. They do have 3 pretty good players. And again haven’t played Uncw elon or us yet. 

Even though we are bad sometimes out of pride teams can come out of a slump and surprise the other team on any given night. Give me the over! Life is too short to bet the under

• Like 1