• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Back on Pause

Not 100% sure, maybe one of the older folk on here would..but this could be the first time we ever end the season with a win??!  If so, how long of an contract extension does Tim Leonard offer Pat?

This is a lost season. Lots of ingredients have gone into the casserole, but for lack of a better cliche, it is what it is. A perfect sh1t storm, as it were. Other than Charles Thompson’s improvement from his freshman to sophomore season, I can’t think of a single positive this season. Best to burn the tape, put it in the rear view mirror, clean house (as far as the roster; the coach isn’t going anywhere) and move on to the 21-22 season. Like it or not, PS gets a pass for this season. 

20 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Not 100% sure, maybe one of the older folk on here would..but this could be the first time we ever end the season with a win??!  If so, how long of an contract extension does Tim Leonard offer Pat?

Riddle me this ... doesn’t every D1 team, expect the eventual National champion, end the season with a L?😆

44 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Riddle me this ... doesn’t every D1 team, expect the eventual National champion, end the season with a L?😆

No. The lower level tourney champs. Also the more I think, pats second year ended on a win I believe (ineligible for caa tournament ((saved him another loss)).) lol 😂

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

No. The lower level tourney champs. Also the more I think, pats second year ended on a win I believe (ineligible for caa tournament ((saved him another loss)).) lol 😂

That team in his 2nd year might have been his best. It’s truly a shame that squad, due to the mess left behind by PK, was banned from postseason play, including the conference tournament. We’ll never know, but that team might have won the CAA tournament, notwithstanding PS’s dismal conference tournament record since then 

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

That team in his 2nd year might have been his best. It’s truly a shame that squad, due to the mess left behind by PK, was banned from postseason play, including the conference tournament. We’ll never know, but that team might have won the CAA tournament, notwithstanding PS’s dismal conference tournament record since then 

Idk. The next years team was probably better. But that would have been his best chance. The caa was a dumpster fire that season (like this one)

The Mess was obviously his fault, but when you have a lame duck coach that you don’t extend or are to cheap to buy out, those are the results

So unfortunate but this has happened a ton here in the West Coast Conference..  I swear all the testing is different and many are not effective.  
I don’t blame the staff or players one bit.  
I’ve been a frontline worker since our shutdown officially on March 16th..  I’ve been lucky and not gotten it. 
Many of my coworkers have.   
Please ease up..  we aren’t some special case here.   
Let’s keep fingers crossed for the rest of our Towson sports.  

PS- We should all message players via Instagram etc and email our coaches and support them and thank them for their sacrifices and trying to get this season in. 

We are all part of Towson University..  this not on the court stuff.   What if one of these players or coaches family members got infected by Covid etc!!??  Hasn’t happened and we don’t ever want it to happen.   

At the end of the day..  win or lose we love Towson University and want all our guys healthy and happy.  

I agree with Bay Tiger, we can't blame the players or staff.  It happens sometimes, despite the best possible precautions.  Brutal season and hopefully we can somewhat bounce back next year.  

• Like 1