• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Back on Pause

On 2/27/2021 at 8:25 AM, TuTigers2012 said:

4pm next Saturday.  8-9 matchup. At least we are consistent. Lose as the 3 seed or as the 8/9 in first round 

At least let us lose on Saturday first before piling on the negativity. We have all offseason to talk about negatives and what-we-need-to-dos. We all know this team stuck this year, so are in similar places in our assessment of the program (unlike times in the past). 

I seriously doubt there is not some sort of miracle run in us, but our last game before the pause was probably our best of the year. We play an Elon team that has a similar new-lease on life mindset after winning four straight. We did not play Elon this year in the regular-season so that creates some uncertainty for both sides coming in since I am guessing our tape looks a little different than it did in some of the previous game. I don't follow what they are doing close enough to know what has changed, but clearly something has.

Let's enjoy the postseason first, and then we can be negative after we lose (which unless we somehow make a crazy run to the semifinals or finals is going to happen on Saturday or Sunday). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiger93 said:

At least let us lose on Saturday first before piling on the negativity. We have all offseason to talk about negatives and what-we-need-to-dos. We all know this team stuck this year, so are in similar places in our assessment of the program (unlike times in the past). 

I seriously doubt there is not some sort of miracle run in us, but our last game before the pause was probably our best of the year. We play an Elon team that has a similar new-lease on life mindset after winning four straight. We did not play Elon this year in the regular-season so that creates some uncertainty for both sides coming in since I am guessing our tape looks a little different than it did in some of the previous game. I don't follow what they are doing close enough to know what has changed, but clearly something has.

Let's enjoy the postseason first, and then we can be negative after we lose (which unless we somehow make a crazy run to the semifinals or finals is going to happen on Saturday or Sunday). 

Lol. Who knows. Get passed Elon and you get JMU without their best player and it’s hard to beat a team 3 times in a year. But it’s a home game for the dukes

light at the end of tunnel 1497 days.. lmfao

In defense of our team...  the Covid shutdowns have killed various schools momentum.   Case in point..  we all saw USF on Nov 26th and then they beat UVA the next day.  They beat Nevada and should have beaten Cal.   Shutdown occurs Jan 24th and they haven’t won since and have been awful from beyond the arc.  Not always the case but it hasn’t been easy for our Tigers.