• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Season is mercifully over

Today’s 69-48 pasting at the hands of Elon wasn’t so much a loss as it was a mercy killing. 1-10 from 3 is the stat that jumps out to me.

Look, like it or not, Skerry gets a pass for this debacle of a season, for obvious (covid) reasons. What he doesn’t get a pass for is the brutal results of the players he brought in for this season: First, the incoming freshman, Biekeu and Jones, averaged 2.2 ppg & 0.6 ppg respectively. Next, let’s take a look at the transfers he brought in, though it would admittedly be better to turn our collective heads from such a dismal tableau:

Martin: Quit (again) or bounced. Six of one, a half dozen of the other;

Mims: 5.9 ppg;

Victor: 3.1 ppg, less than 6 boards and 1 block per game;

Allen: 2.5 ppg;

Holland: last seen on a milk carton

Riddle me this-other than maybe CT, who on this current roster would you want back next season? Not who would you grudgingly take, because they’re a role player, who might avg 8 ppg, give or take, but who would you be excited to have back?

From a talent standpoint, things have pretty much come full circle, in my way of thinking, for Skerry...the cupboard is just about as bare as when he took over, over a decade ago. 

• Like 1

Don’t blame the freshmen. They don’t suck because of skerry (yet Atleast)  reluctance to change with the times.  48 points against Elon?!  Elon?!  Jesus Christ. We could get 5 of us on this board and put 48 up against Elon! 

Pat and Tim are lost and way over their heads.  Tu men’s Athletics has been awful recently. The caa has been bad in all sports recently and mens basketball has been average at best over the past decade. And yet we have nothing to show for it except a head coach making 550k+ As one of the 3-4 worst coaches in college basketball  

same staff for way too long. Fire the lazy assistants. Change is needed. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Today’s 69-48 pasting at the hands of Elon wasn’t so much a loss as it was a mercy killing. 1-10 from 3 is the stat that jumps out to me.

Look, like it or not, Skerry gets a pass for this debacle of a season, for obvious (covid) reasons. What he doesn’t get a pass for is the brutal results of the players he brought in for this season: First, the incoming freshman, Biekeu and Jones, averaged 2.2 ppg & 0.6 ppg respectively. Next, let’s take a look at the transfers he brought in, though it would admittedly be better to turn our collective heads from such a dismal tableau:

Martin: Quit (again) or bounced. Six of one, a half dozen of the other;

Mims: 5.9 ppg;

Victor: 3.1 ppg, less than 6 boards and 1 block per game;

Allen: 2.5 ppg;

Holland: last seen on a milk carton

Riddle me this-other than maybe CT, who on this current roster would you want back next season? Not who would you grudgingly take, because they’re a role player, who might avg 8 ppg, give or take, but who would you be excited to have back?

From a talent standpoint, things have pretty much come full circle, in my way of thinking, for Skerry...the cupboard is just about as bare as when he took over, over a decade ago. 

No one on this roster gets any real minutes at other caa schools. 

Real question is who do you take; nwankwo damas  Walden philmore gumbs Dupree or Gibson Timberlake Thompson mims Solomon Dottin??? 

Philmore was a big time recruit and a nice player.  I loved big Rob.  He was an athletic freak, but they had absolutely no one around him.  Give me him out of that group with Philmore as second...

I thank the players and coaches for their dedication and determination to get this 20’-21’ season in. 

We obviously need more talent walking through those doors of SECU Arena...  

The deck is gotta be reshuffled and I want more players like CT & NT who want to be Towson Tigers!

I hope I’m alive when we finally Dance again.  

Why does Skerry get a pass for this year? Was Towson the only school that had to deal with Covid. Loyola...a # 9 seed (and they had covid as well) beat # 1 seed Navy in the patriot League tournament. Regardless of obstacles, you have to get the job done, especially with that salary!

He deserves NO PASSES. He used all of the ones folks should be inclined to give. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

I thank the players and coaches for their dedication and determination to get this 20’-21’ season in. 

The deck is gotta be reshuffled and I want more players like CT & NT who want to be Towson Tigers!

In terms of being alive when we finally make it back to the Dance, how old are you? 😆

Seriously, you don’t need to answer, it’s just that it’s been what, 30 years, since we made it. It may sound like a flippant comment to say “I hope I’m alive next time we make the Dance,” but, sadly, for those on this board who graduated from TU in the 90’s or earlier, the sand in the hourglass continues its relentless passage 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tgr4life said:

Why does Skerry get a pass for this year? Was Towson the only school that had to deal with Covid. Loyola...a # 9 seed (and they had covid as well) beat # 1 seed Navy in the patriot League tournament. Regardless of obstacles, you have to get the job done, especially with that salary!

He deserves NO PASSES. He used all of the ones folks should be inclined to give. 

I guess my expectations of this program are so low, that it’s easier for me to rationalize this dreck by giving him a pass for this season. You’re correct of course, that we aren’t the only program that covid wreaked havoc with. And, as I did write, he absolutely gets NO pass for the horrid recruiting job he did, in terms of this season’s roster & his pitiful 2-9 conference tournament record.

Here’s the real question-assuming he cleans house and gets rid of a bunch of players, does anyone have any confidence that the new crop of players will be any better than those they’re replacing? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss 

42 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Having effort but zero Skill won’t get you to a tourney. Sorry