• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Skerry’s salary and contract expiration date

Does Skerry still have the cache to be a high-major assistant? Maybe reading the tea leaves of his future career, finding an assistant job sooner rather than later might be the way to go.

Isn’t that the way that Michael Hunt left?

I think our next hire needs to be a former player to really juice up some interest in the program. As mentioned previously Juan Dixon, local md terp legend, is having success as a coach. Also, Deion Sanders is winning and drumming up excitement for Jackson State. Give em something to talk about other than same old miserable skerry ball 

19 minutes ago, Blounge said:

I think our next hire needs to be a former player to really juice up some interest in the program. As mentioned previously Juan Dixon, local md terp legend, is having success as a coach. Also, Deion Sanders is winning and drumming up excitement for Jackson State. Give em something to talk about other than same old miserable skerry ball 

They are certainly out there.  Former DePaul PG Rashon Burno just got hired at Northern Illinois.  There are tons of former players from our generation (mid-90s to early 2000s) who are assistants on college benches that would jump at the opportunity to lead a program.  And I'm willing to bet that 99% of them wouldn't rely on defense and rebounding as ways to recruit and try to win games.

Edited by Chris Datres
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, El Tigre Oro said:

Does Skerry still have the cache to be a high-major assistant? Maybe reading the tea leaves of his future career, finding an assistant job sooner rather than later might be the way to go.

Isn’t that the way that Michael Hunt left?

While he probably has made a lot of connections during his career, why would he voluntarily take a massive pay cut, when he’s guaranteed to make about 2 million dollars here, over the next 4 seasons? It would take a helluva lot longer than 4 years to make that amount as a high major assistant. I’m just guessing, but let’s assume he could make 100K as a HM asst. It would take him 20 years at that salary to make what he’s guaranteed to make here in the next 4 years 

How bad does everyone want to feel about yesterday’s “effort”?!

From Elon:

“The 48 points is the fewest allowed in a tournament game since a 52-37 win against Furman in the 2008 SoCon Tourney.

The 21-point margin is the widest in a Conference Tourney game since beating Guilford 102-60 in the 1955 North State Conference Tourney.”

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

How bad does everyone want to feel about yesterday’s “effort”?!

From Elon:

“The 48 points is the fewest allowed in a tournament game since a 52-37 win against Furman in the 2008 SoCon Tourney.

The 21-point margin is the widest in a Conference Tourney game since beating Guilford 102-60 in the 1955 North State Conference Tourney.”

Those games in the North State Conference were really something. I remember the time Bones McKinney and I spent a weekend watching the entire tournament from right behind the Guilford bench 😆