• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2021-22 Transfer Thread

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The skerry cycle. 

Let’s all reserve judgment, at least until the roster makeover is complete, which I suspect is not yet the case.

I understand the temptation to be cynical, but hopefully past performance is not a guarantee of future results 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Let’s all reserve judgment, at least until the roster makeover is complete, which I suspect is not yet the case.

I understand the temptation to be cynical, but hopefully past performance is not a guarantee of future results 

Cynical? Yes. 
Correct based off of past results/data? Yes.

hope it’s not complete. They need a hell of a lot more than what’s there now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Cynical? Yes. 
Correct based off of past results/data? Yes.

hope it’s not complete. They need a hell of a lot more than what’s there now

I agree they need more. I’m cautiously optimistic though that the 1st two additions will work out. If (and it’s a big if) Holland pans out, all the better. I think it’s safe to assume at least one more member of this recently completed season will not be back. As things stand, that means we’ve seen the last of: Zane, Cam Allen, Solomon, Victor, Dottin and Mims. By my way of thinking that’s a lot of additions by subtracting. What’s interesting to me is where do Jones, Timberlake & Gibson fit in, assuming Holland, Nolan & Rizzuto get a lot of minutes? There’s only so much playing time to go around 

I refuse to get suckered into any more optimism about any more transfers unless I actually know who they are and/or have seen them play.  2nd team all-conference?  Team captain?  Team's 2nd-leading scorer?  Grrrrrreat.  And then they get here and turn into lemons or in Holland's case, never sees the floor.  I'll reserve judgment to when the ball gets tipped in November.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

I refuse to get suckered into any more optimism about any more transfers unless I actually know who they are and/or have seen them play.  2nd team all-conference?  Team captain?  Team's 2nd-leading scorer?  Grrrrrreat.  And then they get here and turn into lemons or in Holland's case, never sees the floor.  I'll reserve judgment to when the ball gets tipped in November.

Totally agree; I’m done drinking the Kool-Aid. I’m not going to oversell or undersell the new players. The proof is in the playing 

I think the difference in some of these transfers is the fact that the pool is so big there’s no excuse not to find a quality player. In other words, no AJ Astroth’s, Cam Allen’s and Josh Ivory’s to name a few. Guys who had little to no prior success at the D1 level. I understand the cynicism and I’m not building either guy up only to say we shall see. If you can get quality players who  want to play closer to home, that’s fine as well.

35 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I agree they need more. I’m cautiously optimistic though that the 1st two additions will work out. If (and it’s a big if) Holland pans out, all the better. I think it’s safe to assume at least one more member of this recently completed season will not be back. As things stand, that means we’ve seen the last of: Zane, Cam Allen, Solomon, Victor, Dottin and Mims. By my way of thinking that’s a lot of additions by subtracting. What’s interesting to me is where do Jones, Timberlake & Gibson fit in, assuming Holland, Nolan & Rizzuto get a lot of minutes? There’s only so much playing time to go around 

If Holland even plays. Players who miss two years of playing  usually don’t turn out well.

30 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Agreed. The fact that these guys already committed says something. They had lots of options 

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

If Holland even plays. Players who miss two years of playing  usually don’t turn out well.

Agreed. The fact that these guys already committed says something. They had lots of options 

As I said, Holland is a BIG if. 

Pat owes us a zoom show with Spiro this off season with a map of what the hell he has planned for this program.  I want specifics.  10 seasons and $$$

He owes us.  More transparency.  

10 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Pat owes us a zoom show with Spiro this off season with a map of what the hell he has planned for this program.  I want specifics.  10 seasons and $$$

He owes us.  More transparency.  

What do you want him to say? There is nothing he can say that will make any difference. Let his results do the talking for him. In one of the posts above, some kid is coming because PS laid out his path to a conference championship. I fell bad for the kid as he likely will be very disappointed. Talk is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!